Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Anthony Stolarz signs with the Ducks (2 years, $750K AAV)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Is this the first signing today?
No, C.J. Smith and Tyler Motte signed extensions earlier along with Crouse who was an RFA. Plus several player on 2 way contracts also signed but Stolarz is the first player on a one way deal to change teams today

Reactions: Inno

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He'll love the San Diego weather.

I wouldn't have minded the Devils getting Stolarz as a #3 option, but he probably did well to get a one way deal for both years.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No, C.J. Smith and Tyler Motte signed extensions earlier along with Crouse who was an RFA. Plus several player on 2 way contracts also signed but Stolarz is the first player on a one way deal to change teams today

That's what I ment

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I’m confused by this deal.

Ducks have Gibson and Miller.

So is Stolarz getting a 1-way deal to play in AHL?

Yes. That’s fairly common for us. We did it with Street and a few others last year. It’s a bit odd with Boyle signed already though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Not unusual to see a veteran guy get a 1 way deal to play in the AHL. Detroit just gave one to Pickard. Florida/Colorado/New Jersey had it for Hutchinson/Francouz/Lack last season. Not a bad idea to have a slightly more proven #3 in case of injury.

Seems like a road block for Boyle.

Not sure if Boyle's a prospect at this point. Although I wonder if Eriksson-Ek will start in the ECHL next season.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Sorta makes sense when you consider Miller will probably retire after this year AND both Miller and Gibson have had injury issues throughout their career. Good insurance plan this year, gets the main back up gig next year. 750k for a main back up is a steal if that’s how it all plays out in year 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad