An Overview of The Tank

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
The value we got for our players took a huge hit when we switched from Darcy to murray

I would get used this. Murray doesn't care much about overall value. He just cares about getting the player/players he wants. If he has to give up extra prospects or picks he will.

It's a huge change from Regier. Honestly I would have rather had Regier finish the rebuild and then decide to keep or fire him.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I would get used this. Murray doesn't care much about overall value. He just cares about getting the player/players he wants. If he has to give up extra prospects or picks he will.

It's a huge change from Regier. Honestly I would have rather had Regier finish the rebuild and then decide to keep or fire him.

I was a Darcy fan, don't get me wrong. He had a way of juicing other GM's to get what he wanted for his players.

However, I am much happier with Murray. He goes out and gets the guy he wants. End of story. I love the Kane trade. No way in a million years does Darcy do it, and it would probably come down to something like not wanting to part with Armia.

I was always of the personal belief that for every trade Darcy pulled off, there were 4 left on the table that were just too rich for his blood. Some of which probably would have been great for the franchise. But leaving deals on the table because you don't think they're "fair value", is why you end up not being able to trade Satan and Zhitnik and having them walk for nothing. Darcy was too timid to make the big splashes that Murray has no problem doing.

Could Regier have got us to this same point as Murray has. Probably. But we damn sure wouldn't have Kane or the balls to even consider the ROR trade. And IMO, it's the bold moves that Murray will make that will turn this team into a true contender.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I was a Darcy fan, don't get me wrong. He had a way of juicing other GM's to get what he wanted for his players.

However, I am much happier with Murray. He goes out and gets the guy he wants. End of story. I love the Kane trade. No way in a million years does Darcy do it, and it would probably come down to something like not wanting to part with Armia.

I was always of the personal belief that for every trade Darcy pulled off, there were 4 left on the table that were just too rich for his blood. Some of which probably would have been great for the franchise. But leaving deals on the table because you don't think they're "fair value", is why you end up not being able to trade Satan and Zhitnik and having them walk for nothing. Darcy was too timid to make the big splashes that Murray has no problem doing.

Could Regier have got us to this same point as Murray has. Probably. But we damn sure wouldn't have Kane or the balls to even consider the ROR trade. And IMO, it's the bold moves that Murray will make that will turn this team into a true contender.

I like Murray also. He is exciting. Anything is possible. I expect another major trade this offseason, I'm both excited and terrified. I don't want Zadorov moved and I have a feeling he will be part of a big deal.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006

An asterisk I'd put on Murray's moves so far is that he's shipping out a lot of Regier's players that he has no attachment to. Curious if he'll handle the players he cultivated (and, presumably, is more attached to) the same way.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think so. See Brendan Lemieux.

Not really a good example. In fact you could even say that was a bad example. Lemieux refused to play here and Murray picked him.

I am not sure you could of prevented it. If Murray talked to his representatives would they have said, "dont pick me. I wont play in Buffalo."

Not really hard to trade a player who wont play for you.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Not really a good example. In fact you could even say that was a bad example. Lemieux refused to play here and Murray picked him.

I am not sure you could of prevented it. If Murray talked to his representatives would they have said, "dont pick me. I wont play in Buffalo."

Not really hard to trade a player who wont play for you.

I think the strife occurred following training camp. Brendan and his ****** father thought he deserved to be on the roster to open the year because they knew we sucked or something.

Glad he's gone. He'll never be more than a 3rd line player.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
The whole refused to sign thing is laughable.

Seriously, not signing your ELC when you're going back to junior becomes "Will not sign with Buffalo EVER". And some then say it's Murray's fault somehow and he should have known that this false narrative was apparently somehow going to happen...

Bps21*

Darcy won every trade and the team always somehow got worse.

There's a difference between winning trades and building a good team. I'll take the later. At any cost.

Bps21*

And I think murray drafted LeMieux because he was the guy teams were calling to trade up with him for so he knew he had value in future deals that he wanted to make. These aren't human beings to him...they're all just assets. It's cold and calculating...and a very needed change from Darcy falling in love with his guys.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
And I think murray drafted LeMieux because he was the guy teams were calling to trade up with him for so he knew he had value in future deals that he wanted to make. These aren't human beings to him...they're all just assets. It's cold and calculating...and a very needed change from Darcy falling in love with his guys.

Agree. Darcy never makes that Evander Kane trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad