Proposal: An Extended Pavel Buchnevich to Detroit for 2024 #15 Overall Pick. (STL/DET)

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Trade is in the title. If anyone feels like either team should add, let me know. I know I've talked a lot of shit about the trade forums in the Buchnevich thread, but I'm praying this goes somewhere positive.
Deal. I know blues fans love buch but he may be too old for their timeline. Never watched him play, can he play C? how is he defensively?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Deal. I know blues fans love buch but he may be too old for their timeline. Never watched him play, can he play C? how is he defensively?

He cannot play center. He had to play center in spot situations where our center depth (Kevin Hayes, who is terrible and Brayden Schenn, who is incapable of playing center) was cratered by ineffectiveness; it's why what Robert Thomas did with this team was so impressive.) was horrible, but he's purely a winger. A very good defensive winger who can play right and left wing equally well, but a winger. He's well-rounded, but I'm trading him because he doesn't fit the timeline.

I love what he's done for the team, but I don't think he fits a retool (Doug Armstrong's words, not mine. Personally, I'd advocate by saying it's a mini-rebuild, but the word isn't what we're using.) as well as, say, Kyrou or Neighbours.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Im trying to come up with comparable trades similar to buchnevic

29 year year old pure winger who doesnt play C, good defensively and career about 0.8 PPG.

He makes 5.8 for 1 more year, how big of a raise is he due for?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Im trying to come up with comparable trades similar to buchnevic

29 year year old pure winger who doesnt play C, good defensively and career about 0.8 PPG.

He makes 5.8 for 1 more year, how big of a raise is he due for?

Probably a fair bump. I’ll freely admit that I’m no cap - or trade, for that matter; that’s why I’m asking out Blues fans and Wings fans alike to come up with a fair trade - expert, but he will get a significant raise.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Trade is in the title. If anyone feels like either team should add, let me know. I know I've talked a lot of shit about the trade forums in the Buchnevich thread, but I'm praying this goes somewhere positive.
Not enough. Blues would need at least someone like Wallinder or Gibson added, I'd think.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Detroit should pass for now. The extension he wants is probably not the length of contract that Yzerman would willingly extend him for. He'd be a good pickup at the TDL, though. Probably revisit then.

Reactions: bellringer77

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Detroit should pass for now. The extension he wants is probably not the length of contract that Yzerman would willingly extend him for. He'd be a good pickup at the TDL, though. Probably revisit then.
Blues should keep him. He would be amaxing on dvorskys wing. Need vetts to usher in the future. Extendee buch will cost

Reactions: eojsmada

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wallinder added sounds fair to me. Do Detroit fans have a rebuttal?
Wallinder is lost in the LD shuffle. He has no future in Detroit. If it tips the scales, by all means take him.

I would much rather trade now and then flip him at the TDL if it doesn't work out, than vice versa. Asset investment is largely the same.

• Wow
Reactions: wings95

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If you want an extended buch think kasper wallinder and 2024 first. It was two first plus player at trade deadline.
And think it’s fair to say, as we all said back at the deadline, they should’ve traded him then, if they had any intentions of not giving him a new contract, because his value was only going down from there. 2 guaranteed runs compared to 1.

They can get that 15OA PLUS, but the plus isn’t what it was anymore. If they got Wallinder, a serviceable NHL player, and a future 2nd (if he resigns) that’s probably about the most they can be looking at now. The most.

Thats about TRIPLE what the Sens got for Debrincat last summer, and he’s NOT 3 times the player. Certainly not worth adding another recent Top 10 pick, who’s having a really good first season in NA as a 19 year old in the AHL.

No team is gonna make an offer like you’re suggesting.

Seems like there’s a chance we’re gonna find out who’s right and wrong on this one.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Wallinder is lost in the LD shuffle. He has no future in Detroit. If it tips the scales, by all means take him.

I would much rather trade now and then flip him at the TDL if it doesn't work out, than vice versa. Asset investment is largely the same.
If you get him, now, in what should be a playoff campaign, thinking that you're going to flip him because it didn't work out, is just bad usage of assets. You're better off to have just stood pat. If you are trying to upgrade at a certain position than do that. If Buchnevich is a Fabbri replacement, so be it. But also know that Berggren and Albert Johansson have to be on your roster, next year, because of waiver eligibility. So unless you have particular roster players to trade back in a Buchnevich deal, trading futures is just not a good trade, IMO.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If you get him, now, in what should be a playoff campaign, thinking that you're going to flip him because it didn't work out, is just bad usage of assets. You're better off to have just stood pat. If you are trying to upgrade at a certain position than do that. If Buchnevich is a Fabbri replacement, so be it. But also know that Berggren and Albert Johansson have to be on your roster, next year, because of waiver eligibility. So unless you have particular roster players to trade back in a Buchnevich deal, trading futures is just not a good trade, IMO.
Buch can have Kane's spot.
Burgers can have Perron's.

Spots are available

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Buch can have Kane's spot.
Burgers can have Perron's.

Spots are available
Sure there are. But cementing an (I'm assuming at least 6-8 year contract) extended Buchnevich makes no sense with how your prospects are lining up over the next couple of years. If you aren't extending him but treating him as a rental, you're still better off doing it at the TDL and knowing what you might have with him and with the rest of your team and what you would need. I just think it's too early for a rental type of trade.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sure there are. But cementing an (I'm assuming at least 6-8 year contract) extended Buchnevich makes no sense with how your prospects are lining up over the next couple of years. If you aren't extending him but treating him as a rental, you're still better off doing it at the TDL and knowing what you might have with him and with the rest of your team and what you would need. I just think it's too early for a rental type of trade.
We don't have any top line wingers coming down the pipe (I would count Berggren, but the organization seems hesitant). I'm perfectly fine signing him to a 6 year deal.

Reactions: Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Buch is one of the better 2 way wingers in the league. He needs to play on a team that’s close to the cup.
Or a team that needs one final bump to get over the hill into solid playoff-contender status. Detroit fits that description. Maybe Buffalo aswell with all of their talent, New Jersey if they can also fix their goalie issue in a separate deal. Teams that have picks 10/11 and 15 this draft. If Buch doesn't want to extend with us, not saying it would work, but I'd absolutely at least try to target one of those picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad