Tribute An artifact from a past era, when the leafs were hated and deserved it

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
As the president of the He Man Leafs Haters Club even I loved that team. Gary Roberts was must watch TV. You also had to admire how hard McCauley worked to try and fill Sundin’s shoes.

On the other side of the coin, Steve Webb chugalugging up to full “speed” into Tucker in NY is one of the most hilarious hits of all time

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Maybe nitpicking here, but I don't think the entire league hates Toronto or the Maple leafs. Canada? Yeah, but seeing how the vast majority of the league... And the attendance of the league... Is US teams.... Most US teams don't care about Toronto at all. Love or hate.

Maybe Buffalo and Detroit do. But Even Boston, from their point of view when I lived there, the local fans feel Montreal is a bigger rival than Toronto over the past couple of decades.

Even the big market teams that have great attendance and pretty good Followings... The Rangers, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, or any US city in the south or the west, they're more worried about the cities and their rivals in the United States, a lot of them really don't care about what goes on in Toronto. Toronto will need to win a cup or two before they take notice and have that... Hatred... For the city and the team.

Reactions: Space umpire

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
This core is talented, sure.

It is not even close to that team at all. JT is a p***ycat Captain and Marner is a weak whiner that doesn't even play dirty. They don't do what it takes to win. Matthews and Nylander are pretty good in the PO's. Hyman would be nice to have back and a passionate C or player like Roberts would be nice too. May actually win something but not with this.

This pretty much

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Teachers pension were penny-pinching buggers, or so I’ve read about that era and what little I remember of the time. To be fair in 03-04 they were the 5th highest spending team. Not so surprisingly they were outspent by the Rangers and Red Wings, but more surprising they were being outspent by Dallas, St. Louis, and Philadelphia.

All pension plans have a mandate to grow the fund and make profit, not win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad