An apology is warranted for Pelletier's parents...and Jacob

Octopus

May 17, 2006
I heard about what happened on the radio this morning while but just saw tand heard the comments made by Sutter on TV a few minutes ago. Wow !! I may be old school and set in my ways but I was appalled how "Coach" Sutter stole the young man's moment. What in the world was he thinking? To be introduced to the "Show" by such a classless display. I can imagine how his parents felt about "Coach" Sutter's belittling comments of the young man they drove to early morning practice and games for so many years. Man if there ever was a time to demand an apology it is now. Should it be the league ?....should it be the GM ?...should it be the owner ?, should it be the captain of the team ? I think all of these individuals are asking themselves how they can rectify this terrible behaviour. I know...good luck.

Cant Kick On 1 Foot

Nov 22, 2006
Sutter did what he did with intent to distract the media from the players themselves and put the light on him. Perfectly played. No one is talking about the struggles of the team now, only how much of a dick Sutter is. I say we’ll played Sutter.

Cant Kick On 1 Foot

Nov 22, 2006
No it is not.

And Sutter spoke privately with Pelts and told him he played a good game. And to back it up he is playing again tonight.
Yes it is.

Point exactly. He told him in private he played a good game. But spoke to the media like a prick. Good on him. Francis didn’t write an article about how aclarar is taking over Markstrom, or how Huberdeau has been a disappointment. He didn’t even write an article about Anderson’s great game. He wrote about how Sutter is a prick. Sutter is trying to focus the negative attention on him, not the players.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Yes it is.

Point exactly. He told him in private he played a good game. But spoke to the media like a prick. Good on him. Francis didn’t write an article about how aclarar is taking over Markstrom, or how Huberdeau has been a disappointment. He didn’t even write an article about Anderson’s great game. He wrote about how Sutter is a prick. Sutter is trying to focus the negative attention on him, not the players.
Nope. You are totally misrepresenting the news conference.

Francis always has and continues to be a dipshit. He knows full well that Sutter does not like to comment on individual performances let alone on a six minute of ice time.

People overreact too easily, get offended too easily, and want to back up the waamublance way to easy.

Edit: Drilling I misread your post. Apologies.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Eh, fans can make up all the head cannon they want and pretend like Sutter was playing 4D chess all along but in reality, he was just being an unnecessary dick because he's an out of touch grumpy old man having a terrible season.

Reactions: 74 others

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sutter trolling the media/fans will never get old. If he didn't give a shit about him he'd have scratched him the next game, instead he played him again and gave him more ice-time (albeit only a paltry extra minute).

If he accused him of something illegal or something ridiculous, sure apologize, but he did nothing wrong. People have to stop thinking what coaches/gms tell the media is the truth, they talk to the media because they're contractually obligated to, not because they want to.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I understand that dealing with the media's turgid questions twice every other day can get really exhausting. And Calgary's standard of journos isn't great for a Canadian market.

But Sutter's quips with the media have been all wrong this season. Instead of creating a Flames-against-the world mantra, it's come off as "Sutter vs everyone".

I have little doubt that Sutter is doing a fine job behind the scenes with his communication but it sometimes feels like he's making coaching decisions to try to prove the media wrong. It's been a weird, disappointing season so far

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He was having a laugh, and also, it's his pushback against NHL fan/media fetishizing youth. People wanted Backlund on the team at age 18 as the savior. He'll be Jarome's centerman!! Darryl looks at player development as a process, just like he doesn't get excited about an eye-ball test of one game. So for Phillips and Pelletier who've done f*** all so far, and are not Connor Bedard, Darryl rightly isn't going to be having a starry-eyed love-in over 1 NHL game. Lots of fans and media embarrassed themselves, firstly penciling Pelletier in as 2LW back in July 2022, secondly, frothing at the mouth over his first NHL game. In 10 years when he looks back, he'll have a funny story to tell Spittin Chiclets about Darryl and his first NHL game.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Pelts got a better shake against the jackets, I was there and he was looking fast and similiar to Mangiapane

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
16 posts in, five days later, and still nothing about what he actually said?

What was so horrible? What did the bad man do?

You'd think by the OP's statement it must be pretty f***ling terrible!!

Whatever he said, it was probably spot on. I know I could say many shitty things about this team right now, and they'd all be true.

This is a really bad team, horrible even. The thing is, they shouldn't be.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
16 posts in, five days later, and still nothing about what he actually said?

What was so horrible? What did the bad man do?

You'd think by the OP's statement it must be pretty f***ling terrible!!

Whatever he said, it was probably spot on. I know I could say many shitty things about this team right now, and they'd all be true.

This is a really bad team, horrible even. The thing is, they shouldn't be.

This is what he said. He was very clearly messing around with the media

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Why hasn't anybody reported what he said about the kid the next time he was in the scrum ? Clearly he was trolling the media the first the while keeping Jakob grounded and focused , even the stats showed he got PP time and anybody who watched saw the kid playing in the last few minutes of periods , if those things don't tell you how he really feels about the kid what does ?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Why hasn't anybody reported what he said about the kid the next time he was in the scrum ? Clearly he was trolling the media the first the while keeping Jakob grounded and focused , even the stats showed he got PP time and anybody who watched saw the kid playing in the last few minutes of periods , if those things don't tell you how he really feels about the kid what does ?
Because it doesnt fill their anti-Sutter agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00