Speculation: Amirov's earned time on top 2 lines by mid-season.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Doubt it. People have been penciling Liljegren, Sandin & Robertson into the lineup every year and they're still not full-time Leafs. He played 14 minutes per game in the KHL last season and 10 in the playoffs. If we're giving 3rd line KHL'ers top-six minutes we've got a problem.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He ended his season at 6'1 180 and is going to have 6 months of training between then and training camp, if he comes in at 190 or so I don't see why he wouldn't get an extended look in camp. He has the most pro-ready game of any of our forward prospects including Robertson who's still figuring out how to play his game against men without breaking anything.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
He ended his season at 6'1 180 and is going to have 6 months of training between then and training camp, if he comes in at 190 or so I don't see why he wouldn't get an extended look in camp. He has the most pro-ready game of any of our forward prospects including Robertson who's still figuring out how to play his game against men without breaking anything.

I'd be surprised if he even comes over for the camp. KHL usually starts late August do they not?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

KHL season starts September 1.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Nothing about him suggests he is close to an NHL player yet so I guess you must mean in the K. Less than a 50-50 chance there because they don't give their kids opportunities unless they have no choice and they aren't motivated to push development of NHL bound players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad