Speculation: Amirov's earned time on top 2 lines by mid-season.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Your right he's signed his ELC but we will loan him and he is expected to play in the KHL in 2022 according to this article

Leafs sign Rodion Amirov to entry-level contract
Chris Johnson mentioned the loan part but his agent mentioned working with Toronto in both this and next off season. I could see him just staying with the Marlies. Adjusting to North American ice is a key point of his development

Reactions: hamzarocks

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
He was a 19 year old in the 2nd best league in the world this season. I would look for him to take it up a level in the next year or two before he gets a shot in Toronto (Marlies/Leafs)

No rush, and he'll be a cheap ELC option for the 2nd or 3rd line when he's ready.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Amirov and Hallander are two of exactly the type of player we need. I think Hallander can crack the lineup but Amirov is at least a year away.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I think people are desperate for quality cheap talent on this team, and are looking to rush our prospects.

Robertson as well - he's played 27 games of hockey in the last year and a half, is only 19 years old, hasn't looked very effective in the limited NHL games he has played, and was a late 2nd rounder. Generally even if a late 2nd rounders development goes really well, you're still looking at some time in the AHL to develop them. Yet half the people in here are penciling him onto one of our top 2 lines like it's a given that he can step in and put up ~45+ points as a rookie.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
He has been working hard this off season. His work ethic looks to be great. But he's going back to KHL for at least one more year then he will try his hand at making the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad