Americans to lead WHL and OHL in Scoring...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Has this ever happened before in the same year?

Way to lazy to check!!!

As it stands, Tyler Johnson of Spokane is in second place for the league scoring in the WHL, and Shane Prince from Ottawa is in second place for scoring in the OHL....I just think it would be an amazing accomplishment if Americans lead both the WHL and OHL in scoring in the same year...

The take over has begun!!! Just kidding on that, but it is something to mention if it happens....

I think Prince has a solid shot to lead the OHL, not so sure if Johnson can do it in the WHL, but what are your thoughts on this happening??

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Not sure about the WHL but the only Americans I can remember recently lead the OHL in scoring would be Patrick Kane ('07) and Rob Schremp ('06).

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Prince getting points depends on Toffoli and Martindale producing, and Toffoli is going to stay ahead of him for that reason. Jordan Weal of the 2011 draft.

Not sure about the other guy.

Ceekay

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
Prince getting points depends on Toffoli and Martindale producing, and Toffoli is going to stay ahead of him for that reason. Jordan Weal of the 2011 draft.

Prince is a pretty talented player, and I wouldn't say he relies on Toffoli/Martindale, but he pretty much isn't going to get points when Tofolli doesn't. They more or less go over the boards as a pair.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles

The same Jordan Weal that was drafted by the Kings in 2010?

EDIT: Nm, I finally understand what you said... it's early here in Cali.

Going5Hole

Sep 11, 2008
Screw the american factor... two Kings' prospects actually do lead the WHL and OHL in scoring!
Vey = 76 pts
Toffoli = 80 pts

and sadly neither made team canada.

Going5Hole

Sep 11, 2008
and weal is tied for 6th in scoring, which isn't terrible --- It's more like Dany Roussin.

Ceekay

May 6, 2009
Ottawa
I'm not saying anything bad about Weal, but it's similar, Prince wouldn't be close to this if he wasn't on that line, Weal last year wouldn't have been either.

Ya that's fair. Prince is going to be one of those guys who needs good linemates to dish the puck to.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Tyler Johnson now leads the WHL in scoring

Shane Prince still sits second behind Toffoli...cant see Prince outperforming his linemate to take the lead, will be tough

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
We need more Americans to play in the CHL and more american teams in the CHL. Now if the NCAA can drop that silly rule about disqualifying players who play there we would have such a wonderful hockey world

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
We need more Americans to play in the CHL and more american teams in the CHL. Now if the NCAA can drop that silly rule about disqualifying players who play there we would have such a wonderful hockey world

The same NCAA that suspends players for selling their own items they acquired while playing at their college?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

good luck with that.

QMJHL37

Aug 3, 2010
Gatineau

Erretung don't be mad and jealous that Killer stole Prince from a sleeping Kitchener organization. Actually Prince was put on that line to wake those guys up after about 15-20 games. Prince was leading the team in scoring long before playing with those guys. Prince is as much responsible for Toffoli's goal production as Toffoli is for Prince's assist production. I know it's hard to see from Kitchener but nobody on the ice comes up with the puck and makes plays like Prince. He is the most complete package at both ends of the rink of the 3 players on that line.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Erretung don't be mad and jealous that Killer stole Prince from a sleeping Kitchener organization. Actually Prince was put on that line to wake those guys up after about 15-20 games. Prince was leading the team in scoring long before playing with those guys. Prince is as much responsible for Toffoli's goal production as Toffoli is for Prince's assist production. I know it's hard to see from Kitchener but nobody on the ice comes up with the puck and makes plays like Prince. He is the most complete package at both ends of the rink of the 3 players on that line.

You're right, nobody on that line is a leech. They're all producing so well because their skill sets complement each other so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad