American Prospect Update Thread

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It seems like the USA WJC rosters are heavily dependent on the NTDP, with a couple exceptions every year (like Brink, Kaliyev, etc.). Are there m/any big name CHL guys who can grab a role on next year's squad?

It’ll be heavily a group that went through the USHL. Mostly NTDP players, but we’ll probably see a few more than normal from other teams in that league. I don’t think any CHL’ers are projected for big roles, and I don’t even know if any will make the team. Hanas, O’Brien, Hayes, Tynan are some names who could make it. Jacob Perreault is a name to keep track of for a switch to USA from Canada. The mostly highly hyped of the Americans that went to the CHL, Antonio Stranges, is well out of favor at USAH, and probably is not too likely to make it without that either.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
It’ll be heavily a group that went through the USHL. Mostly NTDP players, but we’ll probably see a few more than normal from other teams in that league. I don’t think any CHL’ers are projected for big roles, and I don’t even know if any will make the team. Hanas, O’Brien, Hayes, Tynan are some names who could make it. Jacob Perreault is a name to keep track of for a switch to USA from Canada. The mostly highly hyped of the Americans that went to the CHL, Antonio Stranges, is well out of favor at USAH, and probably is not too likely to make it without that either.
I would agree that Perreault is most likely, unless someone unexpectedly heads up to play major junior next season. I don't see Stranges getting any consideration. He's even fallen out of favour in London and needs to turn his game around. I believe the phrase "play for the crest on the front rather than the name on the back" has been tossed out there as constructive criticism.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Also I hope we’ve finally burned through the stock of those horrid 2018 Olympic jerseys. We should never be wearing those over our classic look.

3Up_USA_vh16__1_.jpg

nike_usa_jersey_2-up_detail_crop_north.jpg

Both of these are brutal. Why can't we just have the Rangers-esque USA jerseys?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
3Up_USA_vh16__1_.jpg

nike_usa_jersey_2-up_detail_crop_north.jpg

Both of these are brutal. Why can't we just have the Rangers-esque USA jerseys?
The ranger 1980 jersey is one of the nicest jerseys in all of hockey those should always be used with maybe an alternate sometimes. Those on the bottoms I wasn’t thrilled with and thought they were boring, but those most recent ones with the stripes are horrendous a around.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't know where to post this, but I believe I have successfully created a thread for every current prospect in the USHL who'll be drafted or has a good chance of being drafted in the next few drafts. I knew a few wouldn't like it, but who cares? Put me on ignore if you don't like it. You can kindly scroll past the threads, as well. If I forgot anyone, please tell me, but those were the only guys I wrote down as players to make threads for. I would've done this more sporadically over the last month to not spam the forum, but I couldn't create threads until today for reasons I won't get into.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
I didn't know where to post this, but I believe I have successfully created a thread for every current prospect in the USHL who'll be drafted or has a good chance of being drafted in the next few drafts. I knew a few wouldn't like it, but who cares? Put me on ignore if you don't like it. You can kindly scroll past the threads, as well. If I forgot anyone, please tell me, but those were the only guys I wrote down as players to make threads for. I would've done this more sporadically over the last month to not spam the forum, but I couldn't create threads until today for reasons I won't get into.

Thanks for starting these. BTW, one name for a future thread may be Liam Gilmartin from USNTP. "C" rated prospect, who just had a big weekend.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Well this completely snuck up on me. A lot of guys not involved in this camp due to covid complications. Just quickly looking I’m guessing the kids who couldn’t go might include Quentin Musty, Tanner Adams, Will Smith, Will Vote maybe Christian Ventincinque, then the Minnesota kids like William Whitelaw, Gracyn Sawchyn, and Jason Shaugaby.

edit: the invited guys are in the replies to the tweet

Last edited:

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Musty in particular I’m curious about. He joined the NJ Ava this year, and Chase Pirtle from the Avs is on this list for the camp. But also Musty hasn’t played a game yet so he could be injured?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Well this completely snuck up on me. A lot of guys not involved in this camp due to covid complications. Just quickly looking I’m guessing the kids who couldn’t go might include Quentin Musty, Tanner Adams, Will Smith, Will Vote maybe Christian Ventincinque, then the Minnesota kids like William Whitelaw, Gracyn Sawchyn, and Jason Shaugaby.

edit: the invited guys are in the replies to the tweet

Those MN names should all be invited, some other possibilities I'd include would be:

Drew Stewart, Benilde-St. Margaret's
Beckett Hendrickson, Minnetonka
Oliver Moore, Totino-Grace
Austin Burnevik, Totino-Grace
Ashton Dahms, Lakeville South
Finn Brink, Maple Grove
Ty Hanson, Hermantown

Not sure there are any goalies that jump out but these would probably be most likely:
Carter Wishart, Chaska
Will Ingemann, Wayzata
Robbie Clarkowski, Edina

Could be some bantams in the mix like Teddy Townsend, Sam Scheetz, and Tanner Bruender as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiggsNY

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Those MN names should all be invited, some other possibilities I'd include would be:

Drew Stewart, Benilde-St. Margaret's
Beckett Hendrickson, Minnetonka
Oliver Moore, Totino-Grace
Austin Burnevik, Totino-Grace
Ashton Dahms, Lakeville South
Finn Brink, Maple Grove
Ty Hanson, Hermantown

Not sure there are any goalies that jump out but these would probably be most likely:
Carter Wishart, Chaska
Will Ingemann, Wayzata
Robbie Clarkowski, Edina

Could be some bantams in the mix like Teddy Townsend, Sam Scheetz, and Tanner Bruender as well.
Have you seen Bruender play? He is a Portland native who left for Minnesota in order to progress in hockey and I'm curious as to how he looks, what his potential may be.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Camp roster, this happened on Wednesday. Seems like Minnesota kids, some Mass kids (Boston Jr. Eagles notably), and kids from Mount St. Charles among others will be some of the notable ones not at this camp, and will be at a later camp.

Attachments

• 49B9D3F6-A08D-403A-B91A-72F079936219.jpeg
    49B9D3F6-A08D-403A-B91A-72F079936219.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: Dux917

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
What’s up with the USA team? I see their last three USHL games have been postponed. COVID outbreak? Protocols?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Pretty solid new league for top prep programs beginning next year.

Surprised to not see Bishop Kearney involved. Seems like they’ve become one of the top prep programs already. (Unless it’s classified as something else, get these prep/ school programs confused a lot.)

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Surprised to not see Bishop Kearney involved. Seems like they’ve become one of the top prep programs already. (Unless it’s classified as something else, get these prep/ school programs confused a lot.)

The details haven't been released yet but Bishop Kearney doesn't have a U18 team this looks like a U18/prep league. I don't know if it's in their plans or they're opting not to go that direction but by the looks of it, but BK doesn't have a U18 team yet. I don't know think there'll be a U16/U15/U14 component as well to the league because Northwood & St. Andrews don't have teams who fit those categories and Culver only has a U16 team.

Reactions: JiggsNY

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
The details haven't been released yet but Bishop Kearney doesn't have a U18 team this looks like a U18/prep league. I don't know if it's in their plans or they're opting not to go that direction but by the looks of it, but BK doesn't have a U18 team yet. I don't know think there'll be a U16/U15/U14 component as well to the league because Northwood & St. Andrews don't have teams who fit those categories and Culver only has a U16 team.
Oh okay gotchya, didn't realize this was for U18 teams.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Can anyone explain to me how Cole Knuble is on the U-17 team seemingly out of nowhere. Also how do you know which USA team is playing USHL games on a given night. It just seems random to me. One night it’s the U-17. Next week could be two games by the U-18 team.

ndmd99

Apr 9, 2018
Can anyone explain to me how Cole Knuble is on the U-17 team seemingly out of nowhere. Also how do you know which USA team is playing USHL games on a given night. It just seems random to me. One night it’s the U-17. Next week could be two games by the U-18 team.

If you're watching on Hockey TV, I think they've been labeling all games U-18.

The accurate U-17/U-18 schedule can be found on the NTDP website. Or they pin the weekly schedule to the top of their Twitter page.

U-17 play tonight and U-18 play tomorrow. Both against Youngstown.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Due to injuries/other unavailability. Players who don’t make the NTDP sub in during the course of a season.

The two teams split a full USHL schedule and supplement that with other games. This season has made it tougher to field full lineups with more games in less time and more players unavailable. Ordinarily, the two teams only mix at the end of a season when players are promoted/demoted. To get games completed this season, they’ve had to mix the teams.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad