Am I the only one that is starting to think

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
That last season was an anomaly because of the shortened season and that if it was an 82 game schedule the Leafs would have missed the playoffs? IIRC, the Leafs were complete **** in the last 7-8 games to end last season.

I mean, this team just keeps finding new ways to choke EVERY ****ING YEAR!!!!

The 20 losses in the final 29 games in 2012. Game 7 last year and now this current losing streak this year!

It is honestly rinse, wash, repeat! :(

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
People seem to have a short memory, but last year's team didn't even play that much better. The offense was definitely a little stronger, but the PK was probably the main reason the Leafs made the playoffs last year.

It may be worth noting that last year's team was either out, or almost out of a playoff spot, then played wicked in the final 10 games and made it to the show.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
its the way we look at things. we tend to put things into perspective. we look at this season as a wash. then we zoom out a bit, and look at the last 3 seasons as a wash. or take for example the 80s, we look at that entire decade as a wash. so we hear things like "the 80s were a terrible decade for the leafs" or "the early 2010s were a terrible time for the leafs"..

where am i going with this. i don't know to be honest

Oct 18, 2010
People seem to have a short memory, but last year's team didn't even play that much better. The offense was definitely a little stronger, but the PK was probably the main reason the Leafs made the playoffs last year.

It may be worth noting that last year's team was either out, or almost out of a playoff spot, then played wicked in the final 10 games and made it to the show.

The PK and Lupul and Kadri playing when the 1st line wasn't going well.

DaveT83*

Selective Deafness plagues this forum board.

There has been a constant chorus echoing exactly what your witnessing today over the past 10 years.

Most have and will continue to ignore it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Last year wasn't a fluke. There is a difference between last year, and this year/11-12.

Last year we had an identity. You knew when you played us that you were going to get hit, and get hit hard whenever you had the puck, that you would be getting pressured constantly, and if you try to mess with anyone, there are doing to be 20 other guys breathing down your neck.

We didn't have that this year, nor in 2011-12.

I honestly think the loss of Leo Komarov hurt us more then we thought it would. He has been the missing factor on the ice and in the room it seems

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Last year wasn't a fluke. There is a difference between last year, and this year/11-12.

Last year we had an identity. You knew when you played us that you were going to get hit, and get hit hard whenever you had the puck, that you would be getting pressured constantly, and if you try to mess with anyone, there are doing to be 20 other guys breathing down your neck.

We didn't have that this year, nor in 2011-12.

I honestly think the loss of Leo Komarov hurt us more then we thought it would. He has been the missing factor on the ice and in the room it seems

I always thought Carlyle said to stop fighting or something along those lines. Could be wrong. Probably am. Just seems like after the Parros fight, that was it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I always thought Carlyle said to stop fighting or something along those lines. Could be wrong. Probably am. Just seems like after the Parros fight, that was it.

If the message came down from Carlyle, then why the hell did he keep on dressing Orr and McLaren?!?!?!?!?!?

"Guys don't fight. But let's dress enforcers every night, not use a proper 4th line, run our 1st line into the ground, and then have them completely burned out and broken down come the end of the season"

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
If the message came down from Carlyle, then why the hell did he keep on dressing Orr and McLaren?!?!?!?!?!?

"Guys don't fight. But let's dress enforcers every night, not use a proper 4th line, run our 1st line into the ground, and then have them completely burned out and broken down come the end of the season"

I'm way past trying to understand a lot of the things that he does repeatedly, work or not.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That last season was an anomaly because of the shortened season and that if it was an 82 game schedule the Leafs would have missed the playoffs? IIRC, the Leafs were complete **** in the last 7-8 games to end last season.

I mean, this team just keeps finding new ways to choke EVERY ****ING YEAR!!!!

The 20 losses in the final 29 games in 2012. Game 7 last year and now this current losing streak this year!

It is honestly rinse, wash, repeat! :(

:laugh: Yes it's worth noting .. And what Cor said, that tough hard-nosed identity in that team has completely disappeared .. It baffles me that it's the same person coaching this years team and last years

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Basically everything went wrong this year too with injuries.

but no last years team definitely would've gotten a spot, we had more depth, a harder hitting team, a lot of energy in guys like Komarov and Grabo and our secondary scoring actually scored.

This year Kadri and Lupul regressed(Does noone remember how they dominated at times last year?)

And i dont recall having repeatedly face 40-50 shots per game, we got outshot, but it was more in the 30-35 range constantly.

last years team makes 5th-8th in an 82 game season, this years team was like a rollercoaster that just broke down at the last leg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad