Post-Game Talk: ALWGAP: Lyon eats the Panthers as the cats crap three games in a row. Parade canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
1705495642094.png
@
1705495726334.png

22-16-5, 11-9-1 away 27-13-3, 13-6-1 home

Another high effort GDT for a low effort Panthers game.

Lineups posted by an outstanding citizen below or whenever the pentagon grants me clearance to post them. Lyon in net.

1705495795600.png

GDI forces have once again killed Kane
1705495818467.png

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Alex Lyon appreciation post.

If you could guarantee me a win vs the Wild, I'd be ok with letting Detroit grab 2 points here. Panthers are comfortably ahead and there would be no better round 1 matchup. They are on a heater as well, playing some good hockey.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
They need to stop this little down turn, right here, right now.
I didn't like the way they started the second period last game. That's what did them in IMO. Detroit feeling confident, and probably really feel this is the time to end that streak we have against them. We need to crush dreams.
it really started in the end of the first, killer goal to give up in the dying seconds after such a domination of a 1st period

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
it really started in the end of the first, killer goal to give up in the dying seconds after such a domination of a 1st period
Ahh, see that's what I want to point out. They shouldn't have been affected by that, hardly at all. It should have just rolled off of their backs like nothing. That should have been nothing for this team. Not just being good, but specifically the type of identity they have as a team. And they have overcome much much worse. I could understand if it was the olden days of the Panthers when the weakest thing would destroy any little confidence they had.
And honestly I don't think that's why they came out like they did in the second, mostly because of some of the things I just said. I think they just didn't prepare well for some reason.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
They need to stop this little down turn, right here, right now.
I didn't like the way they started the second period last game. That's what did them in IMO. Detroit feeling confident, and probably really feel this is the time to end that streak we have against them. We need to crush dreams.

Just felt like at both times they got up by 2 they sort of let off the gas in staying defensively responsible.

Like they had the game in the bag each time.
Didn't help Stolarz couldn't make those saves but at the same time he was put in some tough spots.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just read through the first pages of games one and two in the first round of the playoffs against Boston.

Specifically looking for the Post where I said if Maurice is serious about continuing this playoffs, he'll play Bob over Lyon.
There is a lot of Maurice and Bob not nice talk in those threads.

But it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Detroit is a team desperate to make the playoffs and are starting their push. Panthers need to put them in their place and kick their butts. Thank you Al3x for last season, but that's the past. No mercy.

Need a 4-0 or 5-1 win and get back on track.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Barkov or Bennett being injured becomes a huge problem with Lundell unable to score if his life depended on it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
So scheduled loss then

“We want it to completely heal,” Maurice said after Florida’s morning skate Wednesaday. “He doesn’t go tonight. [Even] if he’s at 95 percent for the Minnesota game [on Friday], he won’t go in that one either because of the way he plays, but we don’t think it should take too long to do that.” Maurice added that there is no structural damage — “no strains, no pulls or anything sinister.” “We caught it early enough that we think it’s very short term,” Maurice said.

With Barkov out, Florida’s forward lines at morning skate were as followed: ▪

Eetu Luostarinen-Anton Lundell-Sam Reinhart
Carter Verhaeghe-Sam Bennett-Matthew Tkachuk
Evan Rodrigues-Kevin Stenlund-Ryan Lomberg
Jonah Gadjovich-Steven Lorentz-Will Lockwood

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article284316173.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Lundell is this year's Reinhart. He does have scoring chances but cannot convert. The rest of his play is fine, especially his neutral zone play.

Great opportunity for him to take more responsibility with Barky out. He responded very well last year when we were in the same situation with Brky's absence

Reactions: pantherbot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad