Alternative finhockey statistics project

Rhyagelle

Apr 17, 2013
Despite official stats being available for a while now, I've been working on improving this alternative way to browse through finhockey/tulospalvelu statistics. The site is mainly in finnish, sorry about that.

I'm gathering my stats from tulospalvelu's game reports / player rosters and generating the stats with my own algorithms, so if there are some differences in individual stats that is why.

My interest is in the A-B-C Jr. Leagues, but for a test I'm currently showing all finhockey leagues.

http://home.tamk.fi/~e2avaaka/tilastot/

if somethings obviously fcked up let me know, here or through "Palaute" on site. There might be errors on my code.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Things I'm working on/thinking of adding:

• at least the option to view tables with abbreviations. ( English or finnish )

• player statistic comparison with official ones.

• +/- cause I broke it in last rewrite.

• Those Horrible Dropdown menus. there must be a better way to browse through leagues. Maybe I should just drop all not-Jr.-Leagues.

Known issues:

• - Team powerplays and penalty kills are like 95% accurate.

• - +/- seem to have broken. Will fix next time I reset database.

• things might explode if there are two players with same name in same team.
  • if eliteprospects data is faulty, i have to do fixes manually
  • if things don't function I'm most likely working on something.
  • Firefox does not like my fadeOuts at all. You will know what i mean if you click that action.
  • Not-that-mobile-friendly.
  • "Ominaisuudet".

Some nice features:

• Clicking on almost anything causes some kind of filter or action and usually clicking on similar thing cancels the previous effect.
  • Possibly appreciated: Player statistics can be sorted by player position.
  • Users can try fixing faulty player positions on "Tilastot" by clicking "Muuta pelipaikka" and giving url to the players team in eliteprospects. This also saves eliteprospects player id for all the players in the team and possibly overwrites Born/Height/Weight if user chooses to.
  • You can see which games have been processed from "Ottelut". If it says false the game hasn't been finished or added yet. Wait means the game report still waits to be confirmed by tulospalvelu.

• See visually each teams longest win streak and when that occurred, or just how it has been doing lately

win_streak.png

• Filter game dates and results by team. ( a really simple thing, but damn its annoying that finhockey no longer provides this )

ottelut.png

• See when, in what situation and which kind of scores or penalties player took. And even show all the points made with some exact player.

For example: Ilkka Kangasniemi's with Teemu Pulkkinen.

tehop.png

Rhyagelle

Apr 17, 2013
oh and a question:
is there such a thing as "25min penalty"?
its really annoying that those long penalties are sometimes marked as a:"5+20min", b:"25min", c:"5+25min" etc.

so far im presuming that A is how they should be marked, B is the lazy way of doing so and if its marked as C someone has made error filling the game report.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
oh and a question:
is there such a thing as "25min penalty"?
its really annoying that those long penalties are sometimes marked as a:"5+20min", b:"25min", c:"5+25min" etc.

so far im presuming that A is how they should be marked, B is the lazy way of doing so and if its marked as C someone has made error filling the game report.

Match penalty is 25 minutes. Means five minutes shorthanded and also that player will automatically miss the next game. In Liiga they have reduced giving them except for some incidents it is mandatory, but in junior level they are still in use.

Mandatory = physical abuse of officials, gestures, kicking, head-butting etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad