Alternate captain?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Give Timonen the "AARP" captainship

I think he's too young and there are more accomplished leaders on this team. Hartnell, Coburn, Gagne are obvious choices for me, Talbot is up there too. I definitely think Simmonds leads by example...but not always in the right direction. Unnecessary fights, trying to stir it up at the final whistle of an embarrassing loss...a couple of needless things from him. Give him a year or two

Hartnell lost control a lot of the time, too. Gags may or may not return and will be a fringe player, Coburn, a leader? I don't see that from him at all.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hartnell lost control a lot of the time, too. Gags may or may not return and will be a fringe player, Coburn, a leader? I don't see that from him at all.

If not hartnell I would go with one of the schenns. Most likely luke since he is a bit more seasoned. Everyone else is just too young or won't be here for the long haul

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I would have to imagine Hartnell gets it since him and Briere split the second A last year. Hartnell wore it on the road and Briere wore it at home.

This

Kimmo and Hartnell will wear the A's most likely. The real question in my eyes is who gets the 2nd A when Kimmo retires after this season? I would like for it to go to L Schenn or something.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Even Though he's only played 47 games here I think it's clear that Luke Schenn will wear an A the first chance it's possible.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Hartnell's smarter about it, he was in 2011-12 at least. Obviously if Gagne returns he should be an odds on favorite to get a letter again. Slap a letter on Coburn and make him lead, make him raise his game. That's how it works for some guys. Force responsibility and their level of play rises. Nobody sees anything from these players. None of us are in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad