Alternate captain?

DailyKaizen

All these endless jokes about Josh Gorges never being a Captain is going to end up overly convincing the masses, 1984, Orwellian, revisionist history is more fun?

I feel Josh Gorges is one of the front runners to be appointed an Assistant Captain.

Lastly, previous Captain experience is irrelevant, what is relevant is your leadership, and Josh Gorges is definitely an example to follow in this department and others...

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
I don't see why Cole's comments should be held against him as a leader..It was a long and frustrating lock out and offseason for him..He's not young anymore and was juts being honest about how he felt..We sometimes lose sight that these guys are not just hockey players they are humans also and have loved ones and a life outside Hockey.
My choices:

C : Gionta
A : Georges
A : Cole( would be Markov but like said in an earlier post markov likes to be low profile)

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Didn't we have 4 alternate C, 2 on the road, 2 at home.
4 A:
Plekanec, Cole, Markov, Gorges.
2 forwards, 2 defenseman.
2 Europeans, 2 N.A.
2 Habs draftees, 2 come from other team.

bentheprop

Oct 28, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I think you guys are missing a perfect opportunity.

C - Gionta
A - Desharnais
A - Boullion

Shortest group of Captain/Assistants in the history of the NHL.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Markov has worn an "A" for at least 3 years now (when he's played). That hasn't changed. He'll have an "A" on his jersey this year. Gorges most likely gets the other one.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Gorges, Cole shouldn't have it anymore with Markov back

Cole never officially had it, last year it was Gionta, Markov and Gill but only Gill was healthy enough to wear his "A" regularly, with the other "A" rotated between Plekanec, Gorges and Cole.

All the drama aside it's not that Cole should be blacklisted from ever wearing the "A", his teammates seem to love him, it's just that Markov, Gorges and Plekanec are all ahead of him IMO.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Pics or it didnt happen.

8388074494_9459eddaa1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad