OT: Alternate Captain History

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey everyone, I am looking for some help.
I am having issues in finding the kings Alternate Captain History. H can find their Captain history but not the A's.
Basically I am wanting to put pallfy on one of my older jerseys and I am uncertain if he held the A during the time the team used the Jersey. The Jersey is from 99-2002.
Thank you in advance

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
did you check Getty images to see if they have any pictures to verify?

not sure of any sites, or data that track the A captains

Captain Mittens*

I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era

I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.

RonSwanson*

I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.

Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?

Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.

RonSwanson*

Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.

Good point.

I seem to recall a game or two when Robitaille was the Captain, but you know it would be stupid to get a C on a Robitaille jersey.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.

I think he is sitll putting up good numbers too. When he left the pens he was averaging more than a point a game.

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA
He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!

First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

Ahh! I see. My bad.

Nope, I dont belive he wore an "A" prior to 02-03. As I now actually READ what you wrote. :sarcasm:

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA

What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.
s_ziggy_i.jpg

I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.

images

Just a thought.

Last edited:

nocturn

Jul 24, 2005
Purgitory, USA
I've got a Kurri jersey from that year with the "A" he wore while Gretz was out. Favorite jersey I own!

Nice. I have a home Granato, away Coffey w/A, and a beat to hell Donnelly from way back yonder. Only one I still wear once in a great while is the Tony G. Still one of my all time favs behind Butch and Marcel.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.
s_ziggy_i.jpg

I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.

images

Just a thought.

I also have the white jersey that you have in those pictures with no name or number on it.
This year I am not buying any jerseys or anything due to the lockout. However instead I am going to tkae that money and spend on some of my older jerseys to get them nameed and numbered.
I am goign to live in my bubble that Jersey City or Pro Hockey Life gets those revenues and not the NHL.
I wonder if those stores would even have those patches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad