Allowing NHLers to show their personalities

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
180528-lindsey-vonn-basketball-game-feature.jpg

Dressed like a an Amish man who can't decide between Judas Priest and Cher.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Max Dumi just showed his personality against Florida. Think we need more of that? The reason isn't the 90% with good judgement, humour and taste. It is the other 10%.
What does Max Domi sucker punching a guy in the face in a preseason game have to do with players showcasing their off-ice personalities to the public?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Marketing in 2018 is about showcasing the humans behind a product.

This is now how grassroots brand development is done. From music, to movies, videogames to basketball.

NHL preventing this really shows how conservative they are.

Reactions: TheSituation

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Players should be allowed better access to endorsements. I think in the US it won't matter as much as in Canada. The NHL is not performing well in some areas and they could use a boost.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Marketing in 2018 is about showcasing the humans behind a product.

This is now how grassroots brand development is done. From music, to movies, videogames to basketball.

NHL preventing this really shows how conservative they are.
Used to love those hockey player commercials by Nike............they were funny!!

The NHL does not market their guys well, at all......not sure why they are sooooooooooo conservative.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Players should be allowed better access to endorsements. I think in the US it won't matter as much as in Canada. The NHL is not performing well in some areas and they could use a boost.
They have the access. The issue is the companies in the US don’t think they’re marketable because hockey isn’t all that popular.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Find another sport if you feel the NHL suppresses individual personalities.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
It’s true though. If you ask any random person in the US if they heard of Stamkos, chances are they haven’t. They may have heard of Crosby or Ovechkin, and that’s only if they watch SportsCenter.

In what states is hockey actually big? Minnesota is a given, but then?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Find another sport if you feel the NHL suppresses individual personalities.
So I suppose the musicians you listen to show up at concert venues in suits. Play their music without any crowd interaction. Then go home and only give canned responses during interviews?

And if they show any modicum of personality, you'll just pick new musicians to follow?

Is this correct?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
So I suppose the musicians you listen to show up at concert venues. Play their music without any crowd interaction. Then go home and only give canned responses during interviews?
Who goes to concerts anymore?
Terrible analogy.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Feel free to be dramatic. Also answer this question:

Watching your 12 year old child playing and scoring an important goal and s/he does the hot stick. You gonna be proud and praise them for that?

No but I doubt when Ovechkin was 12 that he was doing anything like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad