Allowed to sell gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Apologies ahead of time but I'm trying go sell my goalie gear that I no longer am able to use. If this thread isn't shut down I will update it within the next day with pictures of the gear. Again I apologize if this is against any rules for the forums.

Don't think there's any rules against it, but you might have better luck posting on other sites in addition to posting here.

This sub-forum doesn't have a lot of viewers.

Sufa

May 10, 2013
Tripoli, Libya
Libya has ice hockey?

Haha, I used to live in Colorado and my gear is back there. Have since moved to Libya and can't use the gear anymore because yes they don't have Ice Hockey. Although I heard they have a rink in another city but it's like 7 hours away.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
you might have better luck with a selling forum like the one on Ice Warehouse's site: http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
I'd recommend the sports2k.com forum as well but they don't take too kindly to folks with a zero post count selling things as their first activity on the site.

when selling on any forum though just be prepared for low-ball offers and buyers who flake out at the last minute.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
I'd like to see a single FS thread that is stickied. All FS posts go in this one thread, so they're all together. No one responds to any posts, you contact the seller via PM and when it sells, you just delete your post.

I've done this on other forums I've run and it works very well. All FS is in the same place but you dont need a classified forum, the thread stays current and clean since there are no discussions or replies in the thread and it gives people a place to sell and buy so it benefits everyone.

Mods may want to consider that for this forum.

Sufa

May 10, 2013
Tripoli, Libya
you might have better luck with a selling forum like the one on Ice Warehouse's site: http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
I'd recommend the sports2k.com forum as well but they don't take too kindly to folks with a zero post count selling things as their first activity on the site.

when selling on any forum though just be prepared for low-ball offers and buyers who flake out at the last minute.

I wanted to try and sell the gear on other websites but they charge money to post. I'm in no rush to sell and I know what the gear is worth so they won't get me for cheap.

The fact that I have a low post count does look bad, and I thought about it after posting it but I said hey might as well try. Everyone was a rookie once, I just stick around in the Avs forums and trade proposals and do mostly reading as compared to posting my opinions.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I wanted to try and sell the gear on other websites but they charge money to post. I'm in no rush to sell and I know what the gear is worth so they won't get me for cheap.

The fact that I have a low post count does look bad, and I thought about it after posting it but I said hey might as well try. Everyone was a rookie once, I just stick around in the Avs forums and trade proposals and do mostly reading as compared to posting my opinions.

Don't think post count matters unless you sound like a spam bot. You don't, so you're fine.

If you're trying to sell in Denver, for example, check out http://denver.craigslist.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad