Allan Muir: Ovechkin Should Be Stripped of the "C"

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It would help ov a lot if the caps and the Russian Olympic team were not so bad when it counted. But much of that article is the out of town, not educated enough, ov hate that you get.

I don't think it helps that the quiet and monotone speaking English to the media Ov and the real life Ov are apparently so different. You don't get a good feel for his overall character.

I do know this much. the little things he seems to do more than most captains. a rookie makes a nice play or a new a guys gets hurt blocking a shot, you see ov acknowledge the play. the shaving cream pie after a 1st career goal and so on. those things can have great value. I am sure he is not Messier but a bad captain? nah

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There is so much hot garbage and fallacy in that article that I don't know where to start, so I wont. I'll just say it's one of the worst articles I've read supported at best by personal bias and at worst by outright lies.

I'm wondering how this made it into a Yahoo "Sports and Recreation" feed. Does this "The Hockey Writers" website have any credibility in the hockey world? Are they actually recognized hockey media or just bloggers who registered a domain name?

And as you said the article is pure crap. If you're going to call someone out for not being the professional at least research what you're writing and put together a professional piece yourself. There's a paragraph where the author uses the word "season" six times in two sentences, one of which is borderline run-on. And his video analysis is a gag clip. Are we supposed to take this guy seriously? He makes Japers look like NASA.

I think the two worst things are the hyperbolic claims about abandoning the team and coach killing. How the **** does this guy know any of that? And apparently being an AWARD WINNING LEADER is not good enough in terms of either supporting your team or leading by example. You also have to be a great guy in your community at all times, with no life outside of The Captaincy. Does he expect all NHL captains to score 50 goals a season while working a soup kitchen every day?

What an idiot. Maybe the dumbest "article" I've ever read. And that's saying something.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
As I said it was in my Yahoo feed. You don't know what something says UNTIL YOU READ IT so not reading something is only an option if you already know what it says (because someone else has read it). And I've read it for you to make it easier to avoid. If you don't want to read it then don't. You're welcome.
I worded it bad, wanted to say "not even worth reading", sorry.
Maybe the dumbest "article" I've ever read.
Not even an article, more like an extended garbage forum post. I especially loved the claim that Ovechkin is a bad captain because he spends his offseason in Russia :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad