OT: All you can eat breakfast in ottawa? (Official offseason thread)

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Looking for an all you can eat breakfast buffet in Ottawa preferably around dowtown. I looked online and cant seem to find anything at all, thanks in advance

Fat Boys on Murray!

It's only on Sundays, but it was amazing!

Chicken and Waffles wasn't something I would normally try, but I won free passes, and it was a great experience.

http://fatboys.ca/

It's called "Gospel Brunch", but its just a live band playing covers.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's things like this that make me feel ottawa is severly lacking in the service industry.

Eating in the dark. Have friends who did it in other major cities and loved it. No option here.
All you can eat buffets. Few and far between or only offered on certain days and certain times.
All day breakfast. Few and far between or only at a distinct location across town.

Yet if i go to montreal or toronto i keep hearing and seeing places like this.

People always mention the bar scene, but the bar scenes are way more similar. It's the food option at any time or any place that lack in ottawa.

Didn't contribute to this convo, just ranted lol.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
It's things like this that make me feel ottawa is severly lacking in the service industry.

Eating in the dark. Have friends who did it in other major cities and loved it. No option here.
All you can eat buffets. Few and far between or only offered on certain days and certain times.
All day breakfast. Few and far between or only at a distinct location across town.

People always mention the bar scene, but the bar scenes are way more similar. It's the food option at any time or any place that lack in ottawa.

The food scene in Ottawa is strong and its getting better part of the issue is all you can eat places are spread all over the city not many right downtown.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
"All-you-can-eat" breakfasts or any meal time, are a recipe for future obesity and possible diabetes. I have learned not to go to places with all-you-can-eat offerings. Tough it is! But having to lose weight several times over my lifetime have taught me that. I think it is better to eat small meals several times per day and avoid over-eating for health reasons. Just my 0 sense! :)

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON

This is an important thing for a city to have?

I went to O Noir in Montreal a few years back, and yeah, it's fun to trot the story out at the occasional party. But after that, so what?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I don't know man, there's a lot of restaurants in the market and the general dowtown area. I haven't seached to find all you can eat breakfeast but there's plenty of places where there's all day breakfeast. Pretty much anywhere in Ottawa you can drive 5-10 min and you'll find a place to have breakfeast at any time of the day or night. Dunns, Zack's Diner, Dennys, Perkins, Johnny Canucks are amongst places that offer all day breakfeast and these are only the ones that I went, I'm sure there are other ones. There's a place near Ottawa U where you can have an all you can eat vegetarian buffet for 5$ and you sit on the ground and you have to take your shoes off when you get in, kinda like a temple sort of thing, I've never seen anything like it. That's just example of places you never hear from and there's a lot of restaurants in Ottawa.

I actually don't agree with you on the bar scene. Go out in Montreal is a whole other adventure than going out in Ottawa. Bars are twice as big, people are very different and there's way more options to go. There's no after hours in Ottawa either, you have a couple of them in Toronto and Montreal. Bars in Ottawa are too small and cramed up. Have you ever been to Liquor store on a friday night? you can't move inside and the same thing for Cabin on thursday night. Personally, whenever me and friends had a chance to go out in Montreal we did because it was that much better than in Ottawa.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
As for after hours bars it sounds like there will be some in Gatineau very soon.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The food scene in Ottawa is strong and its getting better part of the issue is all you can eat places are spread all over the city not many right downtown.

Really? What All You Can Eat place in orleans available every day all day?

I know pizza hut is availalbe on certain days at a certain time. But that isn't what i'm talking about.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

I know pizza hut is availalbe on certain days at a certain time. But that isn't what i'm talking about.

There are many places now are they great maybe no but to say we don't have no all you can eat is not true.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Well there's sushi Kan on Innes , Eclipse on Innes that I can think of quickly. Orleans is a smaller city but when you go closer to Ottawa/Gatineau there is more of them. There are many sushi all you can eat, in fact almost all of them are all you can eat. 168 Sushi, Ten Sushi, Sushi Kan, Tuckers marketplace, Lemon Grass, Le Buffet des continents, Green Papaya, Eko de Brasil and etc.. There's also those pay for what you get type of place like Mongolian village,Mongolian Hot pot and Green door.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't know man, there's a lot of restaurants in the market and the general dowtown area. I haven't seached to find all you can eat breakfeast but there's plenty of places where there's all day breakfeast. Pretty much anywhere in Ottawa you can drive 5-10 min and you'll find a place to have breakfeast at any time of the day or night. Dunns, Zack's Diner, Dennys, Perkins, Johnny Canucks are amongst places that offer all day breakfeast and these are only the ones that I went, I'm sure there are other ones. There's a place near Ottawa U where you can have an all you can eat vegetarian buffet for 5$ and you sit on the ground and you have to take your shoes off when you get in, kinda like a temple sort of thing, I've never seen anything like it. That's just example of places you never hear from and there's a lot of restaurants in Ottawa.

I actually don't agree with you on the bar scene. Go out in Montreal is a whole other adventure than going out in Ottawa. Bars are twice as big, people are very different and there's way more options to go. There's no after hours in Ottawa either, you I have a couple of them in Toronto and Montreal. Bars in Ottawa are too small and cramed up. Have you ever been to Liquor store on a friday night? you can't move inside and the same thing for Cabin on thursday night. Personally, whenever me and friends had a chance to go out in Montreal we did because it was that much better than in Ottawa.

Driving 10 minutes west gets me to the blair area. Driving 10 minutes east gets me to trim aread. Driving 10 minutes north gets me to the ottawa river. Driving 10 minutes south gets me to the outskirts of avalon. Within that radius is roughly 250,000 people. Where am i to get breakfast at midnight on a friday? Where am i to get groceries at 1am on a wednesday? Where am i to get any sit down food?

Whereas in toronto, i've had food at sit down places late at night in the suburbs. I didn't have to go downtown.

Toronto/montreal= many food options everywhere
Ottawa= some food options only available downtown.

Whereas with the nightlife scene, i've never been to an after hours club, but there are a few because some of my buddies go to them. Yes, there are more options in toronto or montreal, but it's the same stuff, just slightly bigger.

In ottawa, you still have like 20-30 clubs, and 100 bars scattered across the city. If you want a sports bar, you have many options everywhere. If you want a pub, you've got many option everywhere. If you want a nightclub to dance with a DJ, you've got plenty of options.

With clubbing, you have plenty of options here. They're just bigger and better in other cities. With food however, you don't have many options, just smaller and worse.

I wish i had a couple options for food late on a weekday. I wish i could have pancakes and french toast in orleans when i get off work at 10pm(eat at 1030-11)...but i cant.

When i was in toronto or montreal for clubbing, there were many options obviously. But when i've gone for hockey or soccer tournaments and stayed in the suburbs, there were still many 24 hour grocery stores, restaurants open late, all you can eat buffets, etc.

Ttracer*

why do you want food sitting in public on heat for hours??

dennys is open 24 7, but unfortunately ottawa isnt an all you can eat breakfast city yet

Boggletrax

Oct 5, 2008
Inquire at hotels. Most hotels have all you can eat breakfast buffets. But they aren't cheap and they end at like 10:30 am.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Driving 10 minutes west gets me to the blair area. Driving 10 minutes east gets me to trim aread. Driving 10 minutes north gets me to the ottawa river. Driving 10 minutes south gets me to the outskirts of avalon. Within that radius is roughly 250,000 people. Where am i to get breakfast at midnight on a friday? Where am i to get groceries at 1am on a wednesday? Where am i to get any sit down food?
Whereas in toronto, i've had food at sit down places late at night in the suburbs. I didn't have to go downtown.

I wish i had a couple options for food late on a weekday. I wish i could have pancakes and french toast in orleans when i get off work at 10pm(eat at 1030-11)...but i cant.

Perkins(St-Laurent),Dunns(couple locations),Zacks Diner(Downtown), Dennys(South Keys),

As for groceries, Every Metro in Ottawa is open 24h. I know they're open in South Keys and St-Laurent at the very least. Loeb is also 24h, Loblaws in south keys. I have two grocery stores at walking distance of my place open 24h, and there's a Dennys also at walking distance and a Dunns. I don't know if it's just me being lucky but I've never had any problem eating a breakfeast a 3:30AM if I wanted or nothing stopped me from doing my grocery at the same time either. I mean if you're in Orleans you can drive 10 minutes and go to perkins or 12 minutes and go to Dunns, or zacks diner. For me driving 10 minutes is really not a big deal, I come from a small village so we're used to driving I guess, for people in the city it seems like a 20 minutes drive is long, for us 20 minute drive is how much I needed to drive to get to a grocery store or high school.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Perkins(St-Laurent),Dunns(couple locations),Zacks Diner(Downtown), Dennys(South Keys),

As for groceries, Every Metro in Ottawa is open 24h. I know they're open in South Keys and St-Laurent at the very least. Loeb is also 24h, Loblaws in south keys. I have two grocery stores at walking distance of my place open 24h, and there's a Dennys also at walking distance and a Dunns. I don't know if it's just me being lucky but I've never had any problem eating a breakfeast a 3:30AM if I wanted or nothing stopped me from doing my grocery at the same time either. I mean if you're in Orleans you can drive 10 minutes and go to perkins or 12 minutes and go to Dunns, or zacks diner. For me driving 10 minutes is really not a big deal, I come from a small village so we're used to driving I guess, for people in the city it seems like a 20 minutes drive is long, for us 20 minute drive is how much I needed to drive to get to a grocery store or high school.

See, all the metros used to be open 24H. A couple months ago i really wanted to grab some steaks at like 2am. I went to the metro at 10th line. closed. Went to the metro on innes. closed. Went to the 24H sobeys. closed at night for reno/repairs. I gave up.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Your all welcome for the zero contribution here, but for me personally an all you can eat ad let's me know do not eat at this restaurant. I will take quality over quanitity for food 10 times out of 10.

For bfast i like it nice and greasy...Broadways is great, those home fries!

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Daly's (located in the Westin hotel) has an AYCE breakfast from 6:30-11 during the week and a AYCE Brunch on Sunday's from 11:30-2. Haven't been to the breakfast, the brunch is pricey but amazing.

Not a lot of places offer AYCE breakfast because it isn't that popular. The price of what they would have to charge doesn't equate with what most people want to pay for breakfast.

I just have to laugh at people complaining about a lack of options while living in the suburbs. If you want to live in Toronto, go live in Toronto. No one will be sad to see you go. Ottawa is a hidden gem and one of the most underrated cities, the less people that realize that the better.

Ooh Lazar*

Toronto/montreal= many food options everywhere
Ottawa= some food options only available downtown.

Looks like you chose the wrong place to live. Poor research on your part there.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Daly's (located in the Westin hotel) has an AYCE breakfast from 6:30-11 during the week and a AYCE Brunch on Sunday's from 11:30-2. Haven't been to the breakfast, the brunch is pricey but amazing.

Not a lot of places offer AYCE breakfast because it isn't that popular. The price of what they would have to charge doesn't equate with what most people want to pay for breakfast.

I just have to laugh at people complaining about a lack of options while living in the suburbs. If you want to live in Toronto, go live in Toronto. No one will be sad to see you go. Ottawa is a hidden gem and one of the most underrated cities, the less people that realize that the better.

Nice thats a 5 min walk from my work, any idea how much it is? Hopefully its under 20 bucks...also whats ur bb.com username ill rep you

Thx for all the other responses bros

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa

Nice thats a 5 min walk from my work, any idea how much it is? Hopefully its under 20 bucks...also whats ur bb.com username ill rep you

Thx for all the other responses bros

Will check out whole foods also, 9.99 for all you can eat buffet? Damn im sold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad