All-time Draft # 6b - The Minor League Sign Up Thread

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Those GMs from the All-time draft that want to participate in the minor league draft, please post here with your minor league team name.

We will probably start the draft next weekend.

BM67 - Renfrew Creamery Kings
Nalyd Psycho - Rat Portage Thistles
God Bless Canada - Estevan Bruins
Hockey Outsider - Montreal Wanderers
kruezer - Salmon Arm Silverbacks
Evil Speaker - Boston Cubs
raleh - Springfield Indians
shawnmullin - Owen Sound Greys
The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
pitseleh - Cowichan Valley Capitals

10 is more than enough I think.

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not a regular here, but I'll join as the Roryville Fitzpatricks ;)

That is, if I'm allowed? Can somebody explain what's going on?

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
I'll take the Montreal Wanderers. They were a top team in the NHA and it's a shame they didn't have a chance to last long in the NHL. Let's hope my rink doesn't burn down.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I'm down, I haven't been around the computer much since the end of the last draft, but I can get online consistantly now. Sign me up as the Salmon Arm Silverbacks.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I will join if you need another GM as the Cowichan Valley Capitals. I know if there are too many people, it's not really worthwhile, so if that's the case, feel free to exclude me.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
10 is enough I think.
Definitely enough. Looks like a great lineup. We did the last draft in under two months with 20 GMs, so hopefully we should be able to wrap this up in a month, especially since the guys in this draft are reliable.

Good to see three of the rookies involved. I think it will give them a definite head start on the next draft.

There wasn't any trading allowed in the last draft. Do we want to allow trades in this draft? I don't see the point, since in most cases, once we get past the first couple rounds, you'll likely land your "best player available." It really gets subjective in this thing.

How do we determine the order? In the last minor league draft, we kept the same order from the main draft. If we do that, this draft's order will be: Speaker, HO, BM, raleh, mullin, pit, GBC, kruezer, Elvi. Then slide Nalyd in the middle of the draft, or put him before BM, since he did run Murphy2's team for a week.

Or do we want to have order based on finish. BM or HO would pick first, depending on who wins, then have Elvi and me, since we lost in the semis, and so on.

Anyways, happy researching.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Spitfire - I don't know if you want to be a co-GM with a top four ranked team in the original draft (had to throw that in there) but if you do then feel free to be a co-Canucks General Manager.... That and hopefully I will have a new job coming up soon that would result in my internet time being cut sharply.

hjohnny.gif

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
That sounds like a good idea to me, I will post a new thread for the B Draft now if that is allright with everyone here... and even if it isn't I am doing it anyways. :)
Thanks, buddy.

Spit, I was going to say that if you want in, and we aren't going to take any more GMs, I'd offer you my place. But hopefully Elvi's solution will work.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
FYI: I should be around most evenings and weekends if a GM would like some assistance making picks if they think they'll be gone when their time comes up.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
If 10 works best I'll take up Elvi's offer and see what we can put together.

Thanks for offer GBC, but you should be in as much as anyone!

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Don't have the time for this right now. I'm sure I'll be involved in the next draft down the road.

I'll definitely keep tabs, though. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad