All-time Draft #6 sign-up

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
OK time is marching on. There are a number of GMs saying they want back in in the #5 thread, but we need to reconfirm here.

This is also time to make any draft rule changes. I believe the only change offered last time was dropping the 3rd goalie.

Current rules see a draft of 3 G, 7 D and 13 F with a coach for a 24 round draft. With an optional minor draft to follow for the last 2 drafts. With a snake format, a 24 hour clock and trading allowed.

Also when to start? This week is too soon, but next week or the week after?

Confirmed List
1 - BM67 - New Jersey Devils
2 - Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
3 - God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
4 - Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
5 - reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
6 - Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
7 - The Great Elvi - Vancouver Blazers
8 - Zetterberg4Captain - Saskatoon Blues
9 - shawnmullin - Blackburn Stingers
10 - Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
11- kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
12 - raleh - Montreal Maroons
13 - pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
14 - VanIslander - Burnaby Mountaineers
15 - Wisent - Quebec Citadelles
16 - #66 - Spartak Moscow
17 - HankyFourFingers - Hartford Whalers
18 - murray - Hamilton Tiger Cubs
19 - Transplanted Caper - Halifax Schooners
20 - Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I've been waiting two months to see this thread. Damn right I'll be back for All-Time Draft #6. The Trail Smoke Eaters will return. The last all-time draft was easily the most fun I've ever had on HF Boards. There's nothing I enjoy more than pitting my hockey knowledge against those who know as much, or even more, about the greats who have played this game. Hopefully the vast majority of the outstanding GMs from the last draft will be back, as well as a couple top notch newbies who have recently joined and have been wonderful additions to the History of Hockey section.

I have no qualms about the third goalie. I'd keep the third goalie in. Make us do our research.

As for a start date: next week sounds great to me. But it doesn't matter. You could start it in two hours, and I'd be ready. Just looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Well I have been in these since the beginnings - save #5 but that can be excused as I was traveling through Europe. But if I am allowed to be in this draft I would like to be either the Vancouver Blazers or the Calgary Cowboys.

Hey the WHA might have turned into a goon league but they had some great names in doing so.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I'd love to join.
I've been an avid reader of the past All-Time drafts and the hockey history forum in general and because of it, I have learned alot. So it would be a pleasure if I could join in on the fun with some of the brightest hockey minds on the boards.

My team name if available will be the Boston Bruins.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Well I'm far from an expert on hockey history but I love doing these......I'm in!:handclap:

Rule changes, I'm game for maybe increasing the number of teams. I think it'll make it a little more tough for us digging up gems in the later rounds.

I also think maybe the 24 hr limit is to long, I'd like to see 12 max, maybe even 6?

But whatever the rules are I'll play nice, I'll take the Edmonton Oilers again.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Zetterburg used to be AG, other than his questionable taste in a hockey team he's done a good job on a couple of these drafts.

I'd love to see Shawnmullin in, he's a excellent poster and has much better taste in hockey teams.

I'd like to extend an invitation to ClassicHockey, Trottier and wetcoaster if I may?

Zetterberg4Captain*

How come im under review? I used to be ofhdhdy and AG and I have participated in All time draft #3, 4 and 5!

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Well I'm far from an expert on hockey history but I love doing these......I'm in!:handclap:

Rule changes, I'm game for maybe increasing the number of teams. I think it'll make it a little more tough for us digging up gems in the later rounds.

I also think maybe the 24 hr limit is to long, I'd like to see 12 max, maybe even 6?

But whatever the rules are I'll play nice, I'll take the Edmonton Oilers again.
I think six hours might be a little challenging to pull off. I'm not going to wake up after six hours of sleep to check whether it's my turn.

However, a 12-hour, or even a 15-hour or 18-hour limit, might be appropriate. If we do have an increase in the number of teams, then the time limit might have to be reduced, or this thing could drag on until Christmas.

Last edited:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I'm a newbie here, but I would be extremely interested in joining if you will have me. I'm no hockey expert, but I'd definitely be committed to making this work :)

If so, I'll take the Nanaimo Clippers.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
:bb: :bb: I did #3 and #4 but had commitments that kept me out of #5. I'm in for #6.

As the 5th team to sign up representing a British Columbian community :bb: :bb:

Burnaby Mountaineers

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm in too. Spartak Moscow
ru@sparh.gif

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I'd love to be in again (jtuzzi from the last draft).

For my team, I'll take another team that got moved (I was Minnesota last draft).

- Hartford Whalers.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Sadly, I must finally decline on participating in the all-time draft :(

I'll still stop by and give some input from time to time. Hopefully I'll return for the next one.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Sadly, I must finally decline on participating in the all-time draft :(

I'll still stop by and give some input from time to time. Hopefully I'll return for the next one.
Frick. Haven't you been part of every all-time draft since its inception? Damn we'll miss you. Next thing we know, Leaf Lander will drop out. (I'm assuming we automatically save a spot for LL?) I do look forward to you dropping by with some feedback.

But at least we have 12 GMs back from the last draft. (13 if LL returns). And VanIslander and Elvi/Maxwell Edison/Maxwell Smart are back, too. (How was backpacking in Europe, Elvi?) I've been impressed with Evil Speaker's recent contributions to this part of the forum. Don't know much about the other rookies. Should be fun, even though Spit will be missing.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
If there's a spot open I'd love to get involved in this. If so, count me in for the Halifax Schooners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad