Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Spitfire11 said:
LL takes some guy with a cool name

D Charles Graham Drinkwater

lol:)

Charles Graham Drinkwater D/C

One of the most versatile stars of the early days of the game, Graham Drinkwater was a fixture in the Montreal Victorias' lineup. He was a rare breed with an ability to function equally well at the defense and forward positions. Brilliant stickhandling, a natural scoring touch and team-permeating enthusiasm characterized Drinkwater's play. He was an integral component of the Montreal Victorias squad that became hockey's first dynasty with four Stanley Cup triumphs in the 1890s

In 1895 Drinkwater scored nine goals in eight contests to help the Victorias win the Amateur Hockey Association of Canada championship, and the title earned the club the distinction of being holders of the Stanley Cup.

Physically the biggest members of the team he was also a fine centerman.

Graham Drinkwater's smooth-skating and well-rounded game made him one of the top stars during hockey's formative period. He was always a key player on the teams for which he played.

Drinkwater took his rightful place in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1950.

Stanley Cuo Champion in 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
For my coach, I`ll select the only (I think) coach to win the Cup two years straight with different teams... Tommy Gorman

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
The Notre Dame Hounds round out their defence corps by selecting a player whose style of play goes against everything we believe in for how a defenceman should play the game, but we just can't pass him up any longer:

D Sandis Ozilinsch​

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
For a depth guy the Edmonton Oil Kings select 9 straight 20 goal scorer: Rick Kehoe

Look at this draft move along.... :clap:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Murphy2 said:
For a depth guy the Edmonton Oil Kings select 9 straight 20 goal scorer: Rick Kehoe

Look at this draft move along.... :clap:
Yep. We've made 18 picks today. And reck, LL, Spit and the commish are always prompt, and ready to pick. raleh sent me his picks ahead of time (Tarasov is a great selection as coach), and that expidited the process big-time. Nice work all around, guys.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Dick Duff can be added to the list of players like Dave Poulin and Cooney Weiland that I didn`t bother checking to see if they were still available because I automatically assumed they must have already been picked by this late stage.

For my spare forward I`ll take the underrated Syl Apps Jr.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
The number of times I've thought about taking Duff over the last few drafts, but besides the one time LL told me to select him when his pick came, and then made his own pick and took somebody else, he hasn't been selected before.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
God Bless Canada said:
Notre Dame Hounds are pleased to select a six-time Stanley Cup champion for their 13th forward:

LW Dick Duff

And appeared in the all-star game 7 times..... :amazed:

Would that have been back in the time when the cup champions played?

Nice pick.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
God Bless Canada said:
Notre Dame Hounds are pleased to select a six-time Stanley Cup champion for their 13th forward:

LW Dick Duff
I am amazed he lasted this long. He missed being my last pick in the first draft by a hair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad