All-Time Draft #4

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Leaf Lander said:
we may want to start a new rule

If the player is still active he or she should had played at least 300 to 400 games before being picked for the all time draft

That is an insanely stupid idea. If he wants to pick Eric Staal, he can pick Eric Staal. It doesn't affect my team one way or the other.

And disrespectful? Wouldn't it be more disrespectful to ignore some of today's young tallent. Granted I wouldn't pick him, but get off the high horse.

KariyaIsGod*

Maxwell Edison said:
That is an insanely stupid idea. If he wants to pick Eric Staal, he can pick Eric Staal. It doesn't affect my team one way or the other.

And disrespectful? Wouldn't it be more disrespectful to ignore some of today's young tallent. Granted I wouldn't pick him, but get off the high horse.

I agree.

If we are picking international greats of the past, why shouldn't the current young stars of the league be eligible.

It doesn't make any sense.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Leaf Lander said:
Minor League all time draft extension sign up thus far:

bm67 vanislander leaf lander hedberg kruezer

we need at least 1 more

btw vanislander when do you go away?

I'll join part II.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
VanIslander said:
absurd...

almost disrespectful

Why? I want a center as my 13th skater, he has great size, great wheels, excellent vision and shot, and plays hard. Those adjectives can be used to describe, oh, 90% of the players picked in the draft in one way or another. He played well as for a rookie, tore up the AHL, and this year, oh, and he's averaging about 1.4 PPG and he has over a half point more per game average than his closest teammate this year. (42 for him, 27 for Brind'Amour).

I wanted a guy that I knew, not some random guy I picked off of legendsofhockey. Anyone can do that, and quite frankly, I've been through the site 15 times and didn't see anyone who jumped out at me. He's my favorite youngster, and if I want to pick him as my extra forward, that's my choice.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Maxwell Edison said:

high horse lmao

it was a proposal

I could name call but your its obvious what you are

myself I dont mind his proposal I just think modern players should have at least played 300 games beforebeing eligable to be selected.

You should had jumped down vanislanders throat not mine

I never used the words disrespectful he did

but you quoted my suggestion not his blanket statement

If you can't handle the all time draft and conduct yourself in a more professional manner maybe you should leave Hockey Future son!

Next time quote the right person :teach:

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Leaf Lander said:
You should had jumped down vanislanders throat not mine

I never used the words disrespectful he did

but you quoted my suggestion not his blanket statement

If you can't handle the all time draft and conduct yourself in a more professional manner maybe you should leave Hockey Future son!

Next time quote the right person :teach:

Who did you think I was refering to. I just didn't want to waste my time copying and pasting the VanIslander quote.

But Leaf Lander you have some good posts but get over yourself... leave the boards? Why because I think putting a game limit is a horrible idea and I called you on it. I mean if you really didn't want Staal drafted for the number of games reason you might as well just exclude Lindbergh from the list of eligable players.

As far as I am concerned it was an allright pick and a better player than 99% of what is available right now.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I've finished assembling the line-up for the Tabs of Cambridge. I'm done.

I won't be putting together a farm team after all. This is a very busy month and I have to set my priorities.

Thanks for having me take part. It has been fun!

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Maxwell Edison said:
Who did you think I was refering to. I just didn't want to waste my time copying and pasting the VanIslander quote.

But Leaf Lander you have some good posts but get over yourself... leave the boards? Why because I think putting a game limit is a horrible idea and I called you on it. I mean if you really didn't want Staal drafted for the number of games reason you might as well just exclude Lindbergh from the list of eligable players.

As far as I am concerned it was an allright pick and a better player than 99% of what is available right now.

lol get over yourself good advice :D

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
VanIslander said:
I've finished assembling the line-up for the Tabs of Cambridge. I'm done.

I won't be putting together a farm team after all. This is a very busy month and I have to set my priorities.

Thanks for having me take part. It has been fun!
I wouldn't start the minor league draft until after the new year, so having a busy month shouldn't matter.

Hopefully this draft can be wrapped up before next weekend. Of course if Max and kruezer don't pick up another pick in the last round, they will have to wait until the minor league round starts to finish their rosters.

Zetterberg4Captain*

The Saskatoon Blues select Luke Richardson and Geoff Sanderson.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Maxwell Edison said:
Is that a compliment or an insult?

more like 2 equal disapointments
Both had promise neither materialized into the players they could had become Nylund had alot of skils and size but a knee injury suffered in his rookie yr kept reoccuring and ended his career after 92-93 season.

While richardson was rushed to the big leagues before he was ready he had a steady career but there are alot of defenceman better then him that could been selected in the draft.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
BM67 said:
I wouldn't start the minor league draft until after the new year, so having a busy month shouldn't matter.
Good. Then I can do it.

See you guys in January. Happy Holidays!

(Thailand here I come :rolly: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad