All-time Draft #4 Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
The draft will last at least 24 rounds. You must draft 3 goalies, 7 defensemen, 13 forwards and a coach. After 24 rounds anybody that wants to continue may draft a few extra spares or a full minor league team if they wish.

Trading is allowed. With an open ended draft you can now offer 2 picks for 1 if you wish, although balanced trades are best. Really lopsided trades can be vetoed.

The time limit is 24 hours for your pick. Dropping to 12 hours if you are skipped. If you miss 2 picks you become eligible for replacement.

You must PM the next GM after you selection.

The first selection can be made on Sunday the 25th. So you have a day or two to work out trades if you wish. You can make an offer for my #3 pick.

You are to select players based on their peak performance, not their career. Any player from any league or era are eligible.

Draft order:
Round #1:
1- Spitfire11 - Detroit Falcons
2- DrMoses - Buffalo Sabres
3- BM67 - New Jersey Devils
4- go kim johnsson 514 - TBA
5- Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
6- #66 - Les As de Quebec
7- kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
8- Bobby Ryan Getzlaf - Anaheim Ducks
9- VanIslander - Cambridge Tabs
10- Hedberg - Phoenix Coyotes
11- AG - Saskatoon Blues
12- Bergeron47 - Cape Breton Oilers
13- Evil Sather - New York Rangers
14- nucks2win - Vancouver Canucks
15- Maxwell Edison - New England Whalers
16 -monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
Round #2:
17 -monster_bertuzzi - Vancouver Millionares
18- Maxwell Edison - New England Whalers
19- nucks2win - Vancouver Canucks
20- Evil Sather - New York Rangers
21- Bergeron47 - Cape Breton Oilers
22- AG - Saskatoon Blues
23- Hedberg - Phoenix Coyotes
24- VanIslander - Cambridge Tabs
25- Bobby Ryan Getzlaf - Anaheim Ducks
26- kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
27- #66 - Les As de Quebec
28- Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
29- go kim johnsson 514 - TBA
30- BM67 - New Jersey Devils
31- DrMoses - Buffalo Sabres
32- Spitfire11 - Detroit Falcons

I will be starting an official draft thread tomorrow.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
BM67 said:
You are to select players based on their peak performance, not their career.
We shouldn't limit the criteria. It cuts short a lot of interesting discussions and debates.

Who dares question Dominik Hasek's sheer dominance for two seasons in net? Countless HOF NHLers have said they've never sen goaltending as dominant as that. But that was at his peak. The issue of who would be better to draft, considering a whole career, is interesting.

Why the heck draft a farm team if we are doing a "snapshot in time at their peak".

Drop this criterion please.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
VanIslander said:
We shouldn't limit the criteria. It cuts short a lot of interesting discussions and debates.

Who dares question Dominik Hasek's sheer dominance for two seasons in net? Countless HOF NHLers have said they've never sen goaltending as dominant as that. But that was at his peak. The issue of who would be better to draft, considering a whole career, is interesting.

Why the heck draft a farm team if we are doing a "snapshot in time at their peak".

Drop this criterion please.
It's been the same for all the drafts so far. If you base it on career, Orr and Lemieux aren't in the running for the #1 pick. You can consider career and peak value for your selections but you are selecting the player at his best. It's a guide only, your not required to select Pete Peeters' 82-83 season over Glenn Hall's career, but you do select Orr's brilliant but brief career over Larry Murphy's long steady career. A guy that's great for 5 years will get more credit in most peoples eyes than a guy that was only great for a couple, but Mike Gartner doesn't get picked ahead of Bossy just because he played longer.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I'll be away this weekend, if we start Sunday though I should be fine, I'll be checking this again Sunday night.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Leaf Lander said:
thats unfortunate

you wrre a great addition last yr

Thanks Leaf Lander, I do appreciate that. Hopefully I'll be able to do all-time draft 5, whenever that is, but I have enough commitments over the next few months. Good luck to everyone.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
We need a new GM. Any takers?

You would take over a team that has drafted Bobby Hull and has a 2nd round pick to make. You can change the team name if you want.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
BM67 said:
We need a new GM. Any takers?

You would take over a team that has drafted Bobby Hull and has a 2nd round pick to make. You can change the team name if you want.
aw, i was having a bad day yesterday. having someone say 'screw you" got to me.

if it's not too late i'll make my pick (today everything looks better - and the supportive PM's have been nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad