OT: All Things Swedish

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It's time we recognize our hosts and celebrate their culture. This an opportunity to learn. Some of this material might be useful if you're a contestant on Jeopardy. Please post your contributions.

I don't believe there are hoards of angry badgers in the forest looking to bite your feet. Are they named Larsson?
Kebabizza - heart attack on a platter.

The famous Kebabizza makes an appearance. Also heard they serve beer at McDonalds. Need confirmation.

How to be Swedish - in 10 Easy Steps - Hej Sweden

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If you are visiting feel free to ask me anything!

Old town
Cheap but authentic food - the baltic herring wagon strömmingsvagnen.

Found in a square of gamla stan (old town) near the metro.
Strömmingsvagnen
Direction:
Kornhamnstorg
111 27 Stockholm
On google:
Google Maps

You can have really fancy (and somewhat expensive) drinks nearby at Pharmarium. Coctail bar located next to Stockholms first pharmacy in Old Town. Order Imaginarium and Night Howler. You can usually drop in without a booking.
Pharmarium | Stockholm | Bar · Mat · Spirituosa · Stortorget 7 · +46 (0) 76 552 9781

Nedo801

Jul 13, 2017
To be totally fair Stockholm in November sucks......compared to Stockholm in say June.

What HaNotsri said though, anyone visiting and have questions shoot.

I live 3km from the Arena myself :)

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals. Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink" Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Also Swedish: the great soccer sim hattrick
I know we had a couple guys here who played, but that was a long time ago and people grow up and change.
(other people grow up, of course, my Atomic Elk have been around since 2002)

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Swedish Meatballs
20191106_134440.jpg

Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
When I was growing up, I used to love when my Swedish grandma would make korv (a Swedish sausage) for holiday meals.

Korv literally means sausage. I guess she made prinskorv which is a type of sausage and common christmas food :)

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
If anyone's there, check out the photography museum, Viking ship, and the herring shack. The walking tour is worth it as well (it's free, but feel free to tip.) If you're on the younger side, note that the dress code in Sweden for "nightlife" comes closer to club-wear/formal in the US, and some of the places require reservations during dinner time. A bit of a culture shock when I went there, but the architecture, color-scheme, and museums were really nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00