All things Reto Berra

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I haven't been able to see them play, since there's no more lockout, rarely any AHL on TV haha.

But from what I read, Berra has been just lights out for the Heat this year, winning a lot of games, and when he loses he still plays great. Do you guys see Mac being moved and giving him an opportunity to see NHL games, as he at least to me, seems to have adapted to the NA rinks. Or do we see him playing in the AHL all season, because I would really love to see a Ramo/Berra tandem, showing off our future, as I think we can all agree Mac isn't going to be around in the long run.

fallsviewafro*

Joey Mac? Trade value?

I like Stacks but the above two concepts don't really go together. There are plenty of other better backups that would be lucky to get a 4th. He's a journeyman backup; his value is quite well-known throughout the league. Him playing games to boost his trade value is simply not feasible or sensible in any way.

Berra will get his chance next season. Outside of injuries, I don't see him making it up for anything more than a peek-a-boo. My feeling is that Mac's 1 year deal was to be a stopgap to see how Berra does before he gets a real shot at the bigs.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Berra will likely get games this year, Ramo could also be sent down if needed (not saying that will be the case). Hartley has raved about Berra and you gotta think its a matter of time before we see him. I think if there's a point where both Mac and Ramo struggle, Berra will get his chance.

It sounds like Berra has been excellent for the Heat, but AH reported he got pulled on his last game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Berra will likely get games this year, Ramo could also be sent down if needed (not saying that will be the case). Hartley has raved about Berra and you gotta think its a matter of time before we see him. I think if there's a point where both Mac and Ramo struggle, Berra will get his chance.

It sounds like Berra has been excellent for the Heat, but AH reported he got pulled on his last game.

Upon further examination, it appears that it was a lot like Ramo's game last night. Lots of PPGs and cross-crease one-timers. Pulling Berra doesn't seem to have been any kind of indictment of his play, rather than just giving him a break when his team wasn't helping him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I haven't been able to see them play, since there's no more lockout, rarely any AHL on TV haha.

But from what I read, Berra has been just lights out for the Heat this year, winning a lot of games, and when he loses he still plays great. Do you guys see Mac being moved and giving him an opportunity to see NHL games, as he at least to me, seems to have adapted to the NA rinks. Or do we see him playing in the AHL all season, because I would really love to see a Ramo/Berra tandem, showing off our future, as I think we can all agree Mac isn't going to be around in the long run.
Just curious, other than my game reports where else have you been reading about Berra? He has been good quite often so far, but has only been what I would call lights out once so far this year (after 5 games, I am watching game #6 as I type this). It's also unfair to say he "wins quite often" since he was 2-2-1 after 5 games and was pulled in that 5th game (although most goals were not his fault).

It is too early to say he has adapted to the North American rinks, but it is looking good for him thus far. I also think it is too early to call him up, I would love to see him up at some point but he needs to improve his rebound control and his puck handling (he is still adjusting to the trapezoid) before he gets a shot IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad