All things Dallas Stars

HFNHL StarsGM

Jun 22, 2013
BREAKING NEWS

DALLAS -- After ownership has been silent on the candidates for the open general manager position they have made a bold move hiring a first time GM to take the reins after a disappointing season. GM Brad MacIsaac was revealed to fans and media at surprise press conference held at the teams head office. MacIsaac is a well known hockey follower and brother to the GM of the Edmonton Oilers who just suffered a disappointing loss in the Stanley cup finals.

After the presser we caught up to MacIsaac and got some key questions answered and a few rumours that were surrounding the team put to rest, or possibly confirmed.

Q: With you coming in after a disappointing season and having no draft picks to go on, what is the direction you plan on taking this team?
A: I won't lie, not having any draft picks coming into this position is very disappointing, especially after the result from last year. That being said I do plan on shaking things up around the dressing room, if I can erase some of what I see to be mistakes from last season early I will. My plan is to make this a younger, harder working team that will not be afraid to get into the corners and grind out wins.

Q: What sort of goals are you putting out there for this season?
A: Well the goal for any HFNHL team is to walk away with the cup at the end of the season and you are not going to get anything else from me here. We will always be aiming to be contenders to go all the way. I will not settle for anything less than a playoff appearance. I feel that there was some bad decisions made in the past but I plan on correcting them all and doing what I need to to be a solid contender.

Q: Do you have any plans when it comes to staff changes? There have been some rumours that after finishing so low there would be a coaching change?
A: Those rumours were thrown around before I have taken this job, and I do not plan on feeding rumour mills or playing a game with what every reporter and blogger thinks will take place within my organization. With respect for Paul (Maurice) and the rest of the staff I will not indulge any information on the subject until a decision is made and they have been notified.

Q: Have you made any decision on what players you are willing to move?
A: This feeds back into the rumour mill and that is something I am going to avoid. I will say that there are a few contract numbers I am not happy with, and I will be trying to move towards more of a youth movement for the next couple of years.

Q: With your brother being a GM in this league as well, is there going to be any sibling rivalry from the two of you?
A: Mike and I both have a very competitive attitude towards life, and maybe it has always been a little bit geared up between the two of us so I definitely think there will be a bit of an edge to our two organizations but I think we will be able to work together to improve our teams and we will not let our own rivalry get in the way of our teams winning.

Q: Finally, why did you accept the job here as the Dallas Stars general manager?
A: I knew that coming into this job it was going to be a challenge to come in and turn this team around to what I think will be a contender. There is also a lot of history with this team being a great team, the fans in the city of Dallas are great and I wanted to put a team on the ice that is worthy of the fans here.

So there we have it, a few small confirmations on some rumours and some pressing questions answered for our Dallas Stars. Fans, reporters and ownership will sure be watching over MacIsaac and we are all looking forward to his first real test, free agency.

Waldom Burgundy
Dallas Stars team reporter

For any GMS or league management who wishes to contact the general manager of the Dallas stars, you can message him on the boards or by email at [email protected]

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
Dude - you walked in and went all the way to the Cup Final. Some GMs who've been here - and competitive - have yet to make it to a finals.

If there's love, it's salted with a health dose of envy. :fight:

I won't lie -- I feel like it was mandated by the sim hockey gods that I not win the Cup for that same reason.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I won't lie -- I feel like it was mandated by the sim hockey gods that I not win the Cup for that same reason.

We asked Matt how many times he had to sim before you lost, and the answer might blow your mind!

And before it's too late, Mateo is far too much of a stand up guy to actually do that. Disclaimer for the humorless.

And we have ANOTHER one of these guys?! :sarcasm:

HFNHL StarsGM

Jun 22, 2013

Dallas -- Brad MacIsaac has made his first move as the new GM of the Dallas Stars today with the firing of coach Paul Maurice and the hiring of Marc Crawford. After his first interview with us just yesterday he did hint that the coaching staff would be one of the items on his chopping block but we had no idea he would make a move this quick. This aggressive style will be a great change for all of the fans of the Stars and we are all waiting on what moves will come next.

There has been a small rumour that MacIsaac has been quietly sending word out to many GMs that there is no player on his roster he will not be willing to trade. We have been trying to get this confirmed by MacIsaac himself, but he has been unreachable to anyone who is not a GM as he is spending a considerable amount of time on the golf course.

Waldon Burgundy

Consulted the coach page and confirmed he was available. If not please let me know so another choice can be made

HFNHL StarsGM

Jun 22, 2013

Dallas -- Dallas GM has confirmed that the rights to Raffi Torres have been traded to the Florida panthers for a 6th round draft pick. His comment was simply 'this was a gift I was not going to pass up. I got a pick for the rights I was not going to use.' He also confirmed that the Dallas Stars acquired the rights to UFA John Michael Liles for a 6th round draft pick.

He was also available to confirm the reports that he is in the market for a couple of top 4 defensemen.

Waldom Burgundy

HFNHL StarsGM

Jun 22, 2013

DALLAS -- Reports from the head office of the Dallas Stars confirm that multiple restricted and unrestricted free agents have been signed to multiple year deals. Chris Neil, Tom Gilbert and newly acquired John Michael Liles have all signed 3 year deals with the Stars.

Dallas GM Brad MacIsaac was also able to confirm that Dan Boyle was acquired for Alex Burmistrov. He was available for comment on the trade as well. "This deal worked great for us, coupled with the signings and the trade for Liles we have really improved our defence."

He also mentioned that he has been very busy lately feilding offers from almost every GM of the league. When asked about the rumours surrounding the team he would not confirm that he really wants to deal Ryan Whitney and Tyker Kennedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: