OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
how are there so many dusty onions in my bathroom?????

f*** that’s sad

people are freaking out about not being able to visit their loved ones in nursing homes right now in Quebec bc they already think they aren't getting proper care as it is. Quebecs healthcare system is terrible towards the elderly IMO. Underfunded

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
agree, time to unite face this thing head on
Trudeau at 1pm another press conference. Things will the tightening up even more.

Imo he should close the borders for people. Only truckers can keep on going. Everyone coming in 14 days quarantine at military base.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Trudeau at 1pm another press conference. Things will the tightening up even more.

Imo he should close the borders for people. Only truckers can keep on going. Everyone coming in 14 days quarantine at military base.
He isn’t even going to stop international flights from anywhere,I read on CTV is just going to restrict where they can land in Canada,and supposedly actually start screening.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm waiting for my best friend to let me know if her mom was exposed at the Brigham and what guidance they give.

She has no symptoms nor does anyone in the family so fingers crossed it was a close call and nothing more.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He isn’t even going to stop international flights from anywhere,I read on CTV is just going to restrict where they can land in Canada,and supposedly actually start screening.
Hopefully not. I heard on the radio, things will be tightening up, since Ontario had a big spike this weekend.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hopefully not. I heard on the radio, things will be tightening up, since Ontario had a big spike this weekend.
OTTAWA -- CTV News has learned Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will announce some international flights will be rerouted to Montreal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
This is being done to make sure the airports have capacity to properly screen for COVID-19. Yeah I don’t know this is what they’re reporting.I don’t get it.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm just going to share this here because I need to get it off my chest.

I'm furious at the way my company is handling this whole thing.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
OTTAWA -- CTV News has learned Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will announce some international flights will be rerouted to Montreal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
This is being done to make sure the airports have capacity to properly screen for COVID-19. Yeah I don’t know this is what they’re reporting.I don’t get it.
It needs to be more than that.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
First participant in US coronavirus vaccine trial to be given dose
Human trial of vaccine created by Moderna and the National Institutes of Health to begin in Seattle

The first participant in a clinical trial for a vaccine against Covid-19 will receive an experimental dose on Monday, according to a US government official.
The trial, taking place at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle, will involve 45 young, healthy volunteers who will be given shots of the vaccine.
The official who disclosed plans for the first participant spoke on condition of anonymity to Associated Press. The move has not been publicly announced.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Human trial of vaccine created by Moderna and the National Institutes of Health to begin in Seattle

The first participant in a clinical trial for a vaccine against Covid-19 will receive an experimental dose on Monday, according to a US government official.
The trial, taking place at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle, will involve 45 young, healthy volunteers who will be given shots of the vaccine.
The official who disclosed plans for the first participant spoke on condition of anonymity to Associated Press. The move has not been publicly announced.

Wow that’s was quick

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Coronavirus victims in Italy could be left to die if they are aged 80 or more, or in poor health, under draft plans drawn up for the next phase of the crisis.This is a story in The National Post ,god sad and scary if true ,I really think all elderly and immunity weakened should all be quarantined in the US and Canada, should have happened weeks ago.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
*Very fribble line voice*

Got to make it political *fart noise*

The criticisms of the administration are very relevant and valid. The response has been terrible and it’s going to cost lives. The response probably would have been underwhelming with any administration as it just seems like we were woefully prepared on all levels. Certainly didn’t help that this one closed up the NSC’s pandemic response office though. DEFINITELY didn’t help that they initially downplayed this as the sniffles. It’s literally going to cost people lives.

Who could have seen something like this coming (except for every epidemiologist on the planet)????

Hopefully every ensuing administration learns valuable lessons from the present times and are more prepared for these events going forward.
I have a feeling this isn’t the last we’ll see of something like this is my lifetime
We can only hope. As long as government leaders value money, greed, and political calculations more than they value the well-being of the citizens then I'm not sure lessons will be learned as much as they should be (multiple countries guilty of this). Societal mistrust and ignorance of basic science doesn't help either.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I'm just going to share this here because I need to get it off my chest.

I'm furious at the way my company is handling this whole thing.

I work for Costco, there is currently a government ban on having more than 150 people in a social setting, yet we opened the store this morning to 500+card holders (not including guests). Last friday the card holder count was 900 at one point (meaning probably more than 1800 people in an hour). Our store is going about this as business as usual until they hear something from above.
I don't bash the company, they take good care of their employees, but someone is dropping the ball here.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
nobody acted fast enough going back to January, even December when it was first reported.
Only way to keep it out would have been to close all international travel, close all boarders.
No way that was happening in Dec, or Jan.
When this is all cleared up, and the next one comes along, I still think it will be very hard to close all international travel, close all boarders. People will say its an over reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad