All Things Charlotte Checkers II: The Wrath of Boychuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
And Charlotte loses. Team sucks, trade them all, fire the coach and hire Scotty Bowman.

:sarcasm:

Alright so who's coming Sunday? I know you all don't really want to watch the Panthers underperform.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys, just wondering what you think about a couple of your prospects: Michal Jordan, Jared Staal and Justin Krueger. Will any of these guys ever become NHL players? And how have they played so far this season?

Sorry for intruding, I just don't get to hear very much about the 'Canes prospects up here and I'm curious.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Jordan's got a shot, could make it as a #6 type guy. His issue is that he doesn't have a real high offensive ceiling and he doesn't have the frame to play a strong physical game. But he could easily make it as a Frank Kaberle type player in the right situation.

Krueger was borderline for getting a shot late last year, but it looks like Rasmus Rissanen is the go to defensive dman on the Checkers right now... or at least enough to pair with Faulk.

Jared Staal probably won't make it unfortunately. I'd love to see him as a 4th liner since it would 1: be an awesome story, and 2: he has the frame to do it. He needs to re-dedicate his game to the defensive side of things though to do that.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Jordan's got a shot, could make it as a #6 type guy. His issue is that he doesn't have a real high offensive ceiling and he doesn't have the frame to play a strong physical game. But he could easily make it as a Frank Kaberle type player in the right situation.

Krueger was borderline for getting a shot late last year, but it looks like Rasmus Rissanen is the go to defensive dman on the Checkers right now... or at least enough to pair with Faulk.

Jared Staal probably won't make it unfortunately. I'd love to see him as a 4th liner since it would 1: be an awesome story, and 2: he has the frame to do it. He needs to re-dedicate his game to the defensive side of things though to do that.

Thanks a lot!

I thought that Krueger would be given a shot (if a season is played) since he re-signed to a two-way deal at his age. Every time I've seen him at the WC he's looked very solid and like the type of guy who could play bottom pairing minutes in the NHL. Seems like an underdog and I'd love to see him given a shot this season or next.

Hadn't heard much about Jordan since he captained the Czech team at the WJC a few years ago. He's always seemed like a good prospect, but I lost track of him when he turned pro. Followed him statistically, but with defensemen it's so hard to tell.

I only asked about Staal for the story. I want him to make it, but I had a feeling it was unlikely.

Watershed

No Respect
Dec 31, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Just a heads up to those of you with TWC. The checkers home opener is going to be on channel 520 tomorrow at 3pm. I'm excited to see some hurricanes finally.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That's terrific. Good to know.

Really hope this is the first and last season they have the home opener in November.

But by this time tomorrow, it will have been underway.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Good game.

Tim Wallace had that huge hit at the locker room door.

Faulk played a great game. Bowman on a great goal streak.

Peters played well.

View from my new seat:

A65PgmyCUAA1jCb.jpg

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So apparently tonight's game is free for those that wear their "I Voted" sticker.

Might be a little late but thought I would throw that out there.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
My new seat has an advantage. Where I walk up the steps, Jim Rutherford, Rod Brind'Amour, and Captain Kirk where standing around talking.

Captain Kirk is a great guy, very nice person, and was actively talking to me.
Brind'Amour asked my name and was nice.
JR is a pretty nice too, told him I had been a Checkers season ticket holder for 6 years, and a Hurricanes 12 game holder too. He said wow that's a lot of driving. I did ask him about the lock out, and got a very good answer.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My new seat has an advantage. Where I walk up the steps, Jim Rutherford, Rod Brind'Amour, and Captain Kirk where standing around talking.

Captain Kirk is a great guy, very nice person, and was actively talking to me.
Brind'Amour asked my name and was nice.
JR is a pretty nice too, told him I had been a Checkers season ticket holder for 6 years, and a Hurricanes 12 game holder too. He said wow that's a lot of driving. I did ask him about the lock out, and got a very good answer.

Dude that's sweet, can you elaborate more on JR's answer?

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I also shook hands and had a brief conversation with Coach Kirk and JR (Brindy was taking pictures). They were standing in the concourse. I told them I thought it was great they were here and they said great things to say about Charlotte and the Checkers fanbase. We also talked about how great the team was playing.

I should also mention that during this time, I had this running in my mind; "Ask JR if he still counts his lucky stars he traded Kaberle". I didn't of course

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Dude that's sweet, can you elaborate more on JR's answer?

I also shook hands and had a brief conversation with Coach Kirk and JR (Brindy was taking pictures). They were standing in the concourse. I told them I thought it was great they were here and they said great things to say about Charlotte and the Checkers fanbase. We also talked about how great the team was playing.

I should also mention that during this time, I had this running in my mind; "Ask JR if he still counts his lucky stars he traded Kaberle". I didn't of course

I thanked JR for the offseason pick ups of Staal and Semin. He was very nice.

Captain Kirk was more engaging with the discussion. Very nice guy.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So Boychuk has a goal and an assist tonight. He really wants NHL time.

Also, Chris Terry has two goals. He too must want NHL time.

Faulk makes it 4-2 CLT.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Talked to JR and Captain Kirk again tonight.

JR said they had a big meeting today and he was waiting to hear any news.

Me with JR tonight:

A7TgC1bCEAAbUDr.jpg

and Just to gloat....

A7TgS2qCYAAcPt1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad