GDT: All Star Weekend- Team Toews vs. Team Foligno

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Didn't see a thread or anything, unless I missed it somewhere else.

Draft is tonight at 8, skills comp tomorrow (Saturday) at 7, game Sunday at 5 all on NBCSN.

Bergy is the only representative from the B's.

I usually really enjoy the all star stuff, but the roster this year is just so bad.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Will lol if Bergy gets selected for the shootout.

I also can't imagine a game where Bergeron doesn't have his compete level at 200%. Will be weird to see (if he does ease up, that is).

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Not much can beat watching Kessel be the last guy picked in the draft that one year I didn't watch (but saw it on replays innumerable times).

I hate the All Star games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The ALL star game should be this way, and always said it..

Division vs Division on Saturday... Winners face off Sunday..

You now have more guys in it..and I think it would be more interesting...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
"Team Foligno". Please. Talk about an an underwhelming display by the NHL. No Chara in the hardest slapshot? This year there will be a big * next to it even if there are a few people who still care about it.

That shootout thing is embarassing anyways. Putting on capes and such? Please. Only the NHL could ruin something meant to show off pure skill. The only thing worth watching will be the shooting competition but no point even watching that either.

Luckily we have a week off for this mess. :sarcasm:

Arthur*

Foligno? Nothing against him, but why on earth is he one of the captains for the NHL's showcase weekend?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I guess I'll watch tomorrows show but the game is too boring.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
To give the game some meaning, Don Cherry once suggested that the winning conference of the All Star Game get home ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Final.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
To give the game some meaning, Don Cherry once suggested that the winning conference of the All Star Game get home ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Final.

What about players that play for teams that they know won't make the playoffs though, and don't put forth the effort to win

jdz

May 22, 2013
What about players that play for teams that they know won't make the playoffs though, and don't put forth the effort to win

How many teams with bonafide all-star talents arent at least in the hunt?

I know that every team has at least one representative, but that idea itself is dumb, and should be gotten rid of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad