ALL-Star voting

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
No need to wait, Josh - you can check back on previous years' All Star communications if you need a template to work from. People send their votes to you, and the voting window should be a 3-4 days (people shouldn't need a week for this, should they?). Then Sean can run it whever he has the time, meanwhile the regular season can proceed as normal.

We need to establish a "Game Day" for when the All-Star game would take place, so people know when the restriction against moving re-signed FAs is lifted. I'd suggest it occur between GD's 72 and 73, which should have most teams around the 48-50 games played mark. In other words, teams should be able to start trading re-signed players without penalty once the results for GD 72 have been posted (even if the All-Star game itself has not yet been run).

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
No need to wait, Josh - you can check back on previous years' All Star communications if you need a template to work from. People send their votes to you, and the voting window should be a 3-4 days (people shouldn't need a week for this, should they?). Then Sean can run it whever he has the time, meanwhile the regular season can proceed as normal.

We need to establish a "Game Day" for when the All-Star game would take place, so people know when the restriction against moving re-signed FAs is lifted. I'd suggest it occur between GD's 72 and 73, which should have most teams around the 48-50 games played mark. In other words, teams should be able to start trading re-signed players without penalty once the results for GD 72 have been posted (even if the All-Star game itself has not yet been run).

Good plan. We should establish a GD independent of when the game is simmed for that deadline to keep things fair.

Though it depends on when Josh starts tallying votes, I'll tentatively say that the A-S Game will be simmed next Thursday (3/22).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Matt, Tony, Cohen: touch base with one another and see how you want to manage things. It's really a one- or two-person job: one to compile the results and the other to set up the sim teams and run the game, but I leave that to you. Ideally, voting should probably be at the same time as the All Star voting, but we'd need parameters for what constitutes a "Young Star". Again, up to you guys.

You'll want to coordinate with Josh on the All-Star balloting process.

ok....Well i'd say if we're gonna do a young stars game...elegible players are those who are HFNHL rookies, and those under 25. (so 24 in vitals or younger) that aren't already playing in the all-star game.

As for Bouses, I know its 100K for each all-star voted including GM (maybe a 250K bonus for the teams with players getting one of the 3 stars?) but what about Young-stars? will there be bonuses for them? seems like they should get something if a player gets voted to the starting lineup? and if there are GM's to take those teams, do the 2nd place vote getters take over the young-stars teams? if so is there gonna be a bonus for finishing 2nd? (50K perhaps?).

of course, not voting means that you're not elegible to recieve any awards. stay tuned...we're doing this real soon!

Josh

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I'm not sure if players in the YoungStars game should be eligible for any bonuses. Any young players good enough to qualify for it would already be eligible for endorsements that would reward their teams. That being said, if we do go with bonuse, thats fine with me. I have at least 3 guys (Prucha, PM Bouchard, Shea Weber) that should at least get strong consideration.

If we're going to do the game next Thursday, we should probably get this moving....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad