"All-Star Team" of players who had career cut short

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I was thinking some day of greatest players who retired early, due to injuries. Bobby Orr and Mike Bossy are among those greats. Then we have Pavel Bure, Cam Neely etc.

I would like to know how would a complete team look with those kind of players. Let's restrict for players who had to retire, so players who died during their careers are not included.

There's few players who retired relatively early, but I think they are borderline whether they should be or not be in this category, such like Eric Lindros. Younger Lindros fits in for sure.

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Bernie Parent would be the best option in goal I guess. He had a meteoric peak but had to retire due to injuries. I have a hard time finding and LW , the best I can offer in Ace Bailey.RW is pretty stacked with Bossy,Bure,Neely,Kerr and Martin. Center... does Forsberg count? I have no idead except for him (Though I' shure that I am missing someone obvious). On Defense we have Bobby Orr of course and who else?

brianscot

Jan 1, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Barry Pederson could be added at center. Despite three great seasons in Boston, he was never the same after 1984 shoulder surgery for a benign tumor.

It's a shame that he's superficially remembered him for being traded for Cam Neely. Before his surgery, he was a legit 100 point man with great face off abilities and penalty killing effectiveness.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Dave Balon. Doesn't really fit the All Star Label, but was a good player.

John Tucker was maybe headed that way as well.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Bernie Parent would be the best option in goal I guess. He had a meteoric peak but had to retire due to injuries. I have a hard time finding and LW , the best I can offer in Ace Bailey.RW is pretty stacked with Bossy,Bure,Neely,Kerr and Martin. Center... does Forsberg count? I have no idead except for him (Though I' shure that I am missing someone obvious). On Defense we have Bobby Orr of course and who else?

Parent still had a somewhat full career though having played 13 NHL/WHA seasons and retiring in this mid 30's.

I think Pelle Lindbergh might be the best option for goaltender. He was the best goalie on the planet when he died, and was still very young at 26 years old. IMO he looked better than future HOFers like Fhur and Roy.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
gord kluzak .

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
I was thinking some day of greatest players who retired early, due to injuries. Bobby Orr and Mike Bossy are among those greats. Then we have Pavel Bure, Cam Neely etc.

I would like to know how would a complete team look with those kind of players. Let's restrict for players who had to retire, so players who died during their careers are not included.

There's few players who retired relatively early, but I think they are borderline whether they should be or not be in this category, such like Eric Lindros. Younger Lindros fits in for sure.
normand leveille(sp?) looked like he was going to be a star until he had a stroke during a game and lets not forget konstantinov .

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Pelle Lindbergh says hi. Well he would say hi if he was alive. Sad, sad, story. Opened the door for Ron Hextall, unfortunately it happened in a tragic way.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Normand Leveille should be considered. He would've had an incredible career in front of him, it was such a shame how it all got cut short so soon.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Bossy and Lindros.

Bossy would of had more goals than Gretzky had he been as healthy IMO.

Analyzer*

Is this players who had their career cut short in a tragic way, or injuries, or both?

Cam Neely, and to an extent, you could say Johnny Bower. He started late, I think he was in his 30s, maybe even closer to 40S:

Al Bundy*

C- Lalalalalalalalalalalalalafontaine
LW- Rick Martin
RW- Either Bossy, Bure or Neely
D- Bobby Orr
D- Konstantinov
G- Bernie Parent

Feel free to comment on my choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad