The Official MVP: Slafkovsky

The Official All-Star team:

Slafkovsky-Manninen-Wallmark
Lehtonen-Yakovlev

Rybar

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If Finland lose the final, and Slavkovsky scores a goal in the bronze game and Slovakia wins it, then he'd probably get the MVP.

It could very well be, but what a tournament by Manninen though. Can anyone beat that? It's an advantage to have your line mates from UFA with you but Granlund missed almost 2 full games and Manninen kept impressing. If Säteri gets a shutout in the final, he could deserve it as well then.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Who would you guys pick from ROC/RUS for the All-Star team or not a single player? Goalie Ivan Fedotov saved them in the shootout and Sweden looked slightly better during the 70 minutes before that as well, so more credit to the goalie. As for the question can he beat Säteri comes down to which team wins gold I guess. However don't they often select these All-Star teams before the final has ended? So they may not check the end result.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
So got to add Rybar to the list of my nominees.

Slovakia:
Slafkovsky, Rybar

Finland:
Manninen, Säteri, Vatanen

ROC:
Fedotov

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The Official MVP: Slafkovsky

The Official All-Star team:

Slafkovsky-Manninen-Wallmark
Lehtonen-Yakovlev

Rybar

Maybe biggest miss was no Säteri in goal, but Rybar was very good as well.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
He'll get a Finnish coach of the year award again. He's the best Finnish coach of all sports and of all time. Someone can try to name me a better one.

Considering he was also the main culprit, and one of primary architects to start the systemic (now hegemonic) change of Finnish hockey program in late 2000's, there are no better coach than him. He is also very humble always crediting the co-staff and co-operative culture of the team for it's results, but when he see there is reason to be proud, he doesn't hide that either: honest and blunt, fair. The real leader of people and the authority.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Surprised not one Russian TBH

I actually thought Tömmernes was good this tournament but I guess he failed to impress when it mattered the most... Lehtonen wasn't that much better than him in this tournament. I really liked Regendas game as well.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad