GDT: All-Star Skills Comp. and Game (Feb. 2 @5 PM MT, Feb. 3 @1 PM MT)

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
These games feel so fixed, of course both go to the SO and of course McDavid and Matthews won.

well deserved.
he had a good showing.
That's a joke right?? It was shinny hockey with nobody trying . A guy on his team had more points than him. The have him am mvp nod because it was in toronto and mcdavid dominated skills contest the night before. The toronto media are quite pathetic and so was the allstar game. It was embarrassing to watch. And yes to conclude matthews deserved just a kick in the ass for that stupid earing. But mvp?? Lol.lol.lol

Reactions: guymez

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
That's a joke right?? It was shinny hockey with nobody trying . A guy on his team had more points than him. The have him am mvp nod because it was in toronto and mcdavid dominated skills contest the night before. The toronto media are quite pathetic and so was the allstar game. It was embarrassing to watch. And yes to conclude matthews deserved just a kick in the ass for that stupid earing. But mvp?? Lol.lol.lol
you're quite worked up over a "shinny game"

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I actually like most of the stuff leading up to the actual all star game. If only they could make that aspect good. Skills comp was great, they improved something I’ve always enjoyed.

The draft is a cool idea but something needs to change about the draft and the game itself.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I actually found the all star game entertaining lol. Might be way in the minority but it's all in good fun.

I actually like most of the stuff leading up to the actual all star game. If only they could make that aspect good. Skills comp was great, they improved something I’ve always enjoyed.

The draft is a cool idea but something needs to change about the draft and the game itself.
Problem with the draft was they all drafted their teammates. it was like high school when you pick all your friends in gym class lol

Reactions: Valhallis

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He's right. What are Hertl, Boner, or the entire Maple Leaf and Canucks frat houses doing at the all-star game?
why the fan vote has to go let a panel of hockey greats fill out the rest of all stars and no more every team gets a player even though they are not worthy

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Auston Matthews should have is own trophy imo

IMG_4405.jpeg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Talks are ongoing if there will be a Civic holiday only tomorrow in TO, or if they should extend it to Tuesday as well, and there are a few disagreements as to the exact parade route, but all the details should be finalized by this evening. Parades in TO and Van in Feb of the same year, exciting times we live in.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just went to Leaf site and saw some comments. Some of them are actually thinking this game is a springboard to the cup, if you can believe it. No hitting, 3 on 3, no intensity, no checking, etc, etc. And they think it actually means something for their team. It's like when the Leafs finished near the bottom of the standings every year (while the Oilers kept winning the cup), but Rick Vaive and company would always win the summer baseball tournaments, and Leaf fans were ecstatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad