GDT: All-Star Skills Comp. and Game (Feb. 2 @5 PM MT, Feb. 3 @1 PM MT)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just went to Leaf site and saw some comments. Some of them are actually thinking this game is a springboard to the cup, if you can believe it. No hitting, 3 on 3, no intensity, no checking, etc, etc. And they think it actually means something for their team. It's like when the Leafs finished near the bottom of the standings every year (while the Oilers kept winning the cup), but Rick Vaive and company would always win the summer baseball tournaments, and Leaf fans were ecstatic.
Who picks their entire roster for an All Star game anyway? Seems kind of lame even for Toronto.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just went to Leaf site and saw some comments. Some of them are actually thinking this game is a springboard to the cup, if you can believe it. No hitting, 3 on 3, no intensity, no checking, etc, etc. And they think it actually means something for their team. It's like when the Leafs finished near the bottom of the standings every year (while the Oilers kept winning the cup), but Rick Vaive and company would always win the summer baseball tournaments, and Leaf fans were ecstatic.

That's a symptom of a fan base who's only thing they can celebrate in the last 60 years is loosing to Gretzky in 1993.

Reactions: TB12

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
It's definitely a Leafs-style playoff game. No hitting, no intensity, etc.

Reactions: TB12 and Stoneman89

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Here’s my post game analysis:

Can we replace Brett Kissel with Tate McRae?

I mean I called her being the next big pop star like 2 years ago on here, but her channeling prime Britney Spears/Cristina/Nelly Furtado in terms of sound and visuals…

I’m here for it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

This is the Leafers Stanley Cup which they will be celebrating along with the 1967 Cup for the next 60 years.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Here’s my post game analysis:

Can we replace Brett Kissel with Tate McRae?

I mean I called her being the next big pop star like 2 years ago on here, but her channeling prime Britney Spears/Cristina/Nelly Furtado in terms of sound and visuals…

I’m here for it.
I know her family quite well, it's a really cool story coming out of Calgary.

Reactions: Cloned

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Funny thing is, the "controversy", happened in a gm 6. There was an entire game 7 for that team to have redemption in, and full on failed.
I still remember the winning goal: Gretzky banking it off the defenceman's skates. A sign from the Gods that the Leafs are destined for perpetual failure.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's a joke right?? It was shinny hockey with nobody trying . A guy on his team had more points than him. The have him am mvp nod because it was in toronto and mcdavid dominated skills contest the night before. The toronto media are quite pathetic and so was the allstar game. It was embarrassing to watch. And yes to conclude matthews deserved just a kick in the ass for that stupid earing. But mvp?? Lol.lol.lol
Couldnt agree more.
I didnt venture into this thread (until now) because I thought I was one of just a few posters that felt this way. I figured this thread would be a post after post gushing about the All Star festivites.

Honestly the NHL AllStar weekend is a farce IMO.
Hard to watch and actually care about the outcomes.

Reactions: Duke74 and kevy9999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad