All Star Break Mid Term Grades

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No grade inflation, please. A= excellent, B= above average, C= average, D = bad, F = shouldn't be in the NHL
I tend to temper my grades by how much a player is paid, and what is expected of said player, i.e.I expect more of Parise than I do Fehr, and grade accordingly. With that being said;

Parise- A welcome back, ZP!

Granlund- B recent injury slowing down what appeared to be a great year.

Coyle - B- spotty offensively, as always, but has looked reasonably good at C

Zucker- C+ started out well, but stopped converting on chances. A scoring forward who isn't scoring.

Koivu- B- good season, but unfortunate knee by Giordano slowed him down.

Staal- B Not the player he was last season, though his linemates have something to do with it.

Greenway B+ starting to come into his own, and finding some offense. Potential beast in the making.

Ek- C- good play of late saving him from failing grade

Kunin C think he needs more time in Iowa to find offense, but a responsible player, if nothing else.

Fehr- B- getting to like this guy, but injury on dirty hit limited his TOI. Faster, less physical Brodziak.

Foligno- B can't believe I actually like this guy, but I like this guy.

Brown- D tries hard, fast, physical...no offense, whatever. We don't have better in Iowa?

Hendricks- F Again, with the Iowa comment.

Rask, Aberg will not be judged due to lack of GP.

Brodin- B+ quietly good. Thought he was coming out of offensive shell when briefly played with Spurgeon, but injuries ended that experiment. Bizarro Dumba.

Suter- B not the usual best player on the team, but still vg. Foot injury is slowing him down?

Spurgeon- A not perfect, but the closest we have to it on D.

Dumba- A- fantastic offensive season cut short by unfortunate injury. Don't let your stars fight!! Can be a difference maker, but still believe he can be better defensively. Bizarro Brodin.

Seeler- B- for what he's paid, he's a great value. Still young, in hockey terms.

Pateryn- C unexciting 3rd pairing RHD. Raplacement value guy.

Dubnyk- B Just a good goalie. Not great, not bad. Victim of a faster, higher scoring NHL.

Stalock- C see Seeler comment.

Boudreau- B how can you not like the Bruce?

PK- A terrific. Fehr and Foligno have been a find.

PP- C+ Losing Dumba a big blow. He should be stapled to the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad