GDT: All-Star Break Awakening??? (Wild @ Islanders) @ 7:00 ET on FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I just don't believe that at all. The faster we lose games the more pressure Fletcher receives to trade more picks for veterans to try and patch the holes. It's pretty clear to me that Suter, Koivu, Granlund, and Vanek look like they aren't even trying. Coasting around doing a whole lot of NOTHING. Bag skate time.

Even if the Wild do manage to somehow rebound into the playoffs I still would fully believe they would have no chance at the Cup. So then what? We're back to where we were at the beginning of this season only our players are another year older.

murdoq

Nov 7, 2009
Well I question the players on the ice. I question coaches and management. Changes need to be made, this is getting ridiculous.

it's one change, and that's yeo. maybe the pp coach too. but this team has so many talented players that i think it's mostly on the coach. be it his system, motivation, ...

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well I question the players on the ice. I question coaches and management. Changes need to be made, this is getting ridiculous.

That's besides the point. A fan should never cheer for their team to lose. I like that you question the players and the coaches/etc. I do too, but I still want us to win.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
That's besides the point. A fan should never cheer for their team to lose. I like that you question the players and the coaches/etc. I do too, but I still want us to win.

I want us to win but I'm a realist. This team does not have the chemistry to win a cup. There won't be changes if we're a bubble team every year, if we tank then changes are guaranteed to happen whether it's a firing, trade, high draft pick, etc.

sufferingwildfan

Jan 19, 2015
The Wild - The best Squirt hockey team I have ever seen...
No checking
Panic play consistently playing the puck off the boards to no one!
Yeo rocks!
Unfortunately, he is coaching a supposedly professional hockey team.
We can only hope that he is soon returned to coaching the Squirt ranks.
Because at the professional level, he is very inadequate.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Anyone else notice Dumba getting taken off the last PP after his shot lead to our last goal on the previous PP.. Yeolo

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Even if the Wild do manage to somehow rebound into the playoffs I still would fully believe they would have no chance at the Cup. So then what? We're back to where we were at the beginning of this season only our players are another year older.
We made our bed with Parise and Suter and the long term contracts with NTC/NMCs.
I want us to win but I'm a realist. This team does not have the chemistry to win a cup. There won't be changes if we're a bubble team every year, if we tank then changes are guaranteed to happen whether it's a firing, trade, high draft pick, etc.

One high draft pick isn't worth it. We don't have a 2nd or 3rd. A trade IS gonna happen. Probably closer to the deadline and it probably will include someone like Brodin. Yeo isn't gonna get fired. He's lost 7 straight before and didn't get fired.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
One high draft pick isn't worth it. We don't have a 2nd or 3rd. A trade IS gonna happen. Probably closer to the deadline and it probably will include someone like Brodin. Yeo isn't gonna get fired. He's lost 7 straight before and didn't get fired.

We won't acquire the talent we need to win the cup without drafting top 3. Brodin will get us what? Nothing of impact unless we add a lot to him in the proposal. Yeo needs to go, he's lost the team.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Then we continue to spiral downward while other teams like Dallas, Nashville jump over us.

Can't make sense of this comment, is this talking about this year or for years to come?

In order for the Wild to finish in the bottom-3 of the league we'd have to have something like a 0.25 Pts% the rest of the way. In this horrible stretch of January until tonight we've had a 0.32 Pts%, we've only won 3 games in that span.

Root to lose all you want, we're not getting a top-3 pick.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This team isn't going to rebuild with Koivu, Parise, Suter, Poms and Vanek on the roster. This team is just going to be mediocre until pull out the roots. Look at Detroit; Zetterberg and Datsyuk is on the decline and they lost their coach, but they keep finding ways to win. Hell, Larkin has 33 points as a rookie in 48 games. He's on pace for 55 points (including 25 goals) in 81 games. When was the last time a rookie for Minnesota even scored 20 goals?

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Can't make sense of this comment, is this talking about this year or for years to come?

In order for the Wild to finish in the bottom-3 of the league we'd have to have something like a 0.25 Pts% the rest of the way. In this horrible stretch of January until tonight we've had a 0.32 Pts%, we've only won 3 games in that span.

Root to lose all you want, we're not getting a top-3 pick.

What I'm saying is this team will never draft top 3 because they prefer to be middle of the pack every year which gets us nowhere. You have to draft high and develop the elite talent to win in this league or you make the key trade for an elite talent like Seguin and you become a contender. Fletcher isn't good at drafting, making trades, signing free agents or contracts.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
This team isn't going to rebuild with Koivu, Parise, Suter, Poms and Vanek on the roster. This team is just going to be mediocre until pull out the roots. Look at Detroit; Zetterberg and Datsyuk is on the decline and they lost their coach, but they keep finding ways to win. Hell, Larkin has 33 points as a rookie in 48 games. He's on pace for 55 points (including 25 goals) in 81 games. When was the last time a rookie for Minnesota even scored 20 goals?

So what are they doing then? Are they trying to win now, which it would seem they are setup for with all these albatross contracts? But they don't make the right offer for Seguin/Johansen to put them over the top because they won't mortgage the future.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
You make it sound as if Dallas and Nashville haven't already.

Tell me where were they last year, two years ago? That's right, worse than us and now they're better. How does that happen? It's clearly failure on the part of management. Teams make trades for elite talent and you stay the course of mediocrity. What future do we have to mortgage? Granlund, Brodin, Nino, Zucker, Haula.....they aren't elite talent. Never change Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad