All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread pt 6 - let the waiting game commence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
With SJ overpaying Karlsson, I hope that Labanc becomes a serious target of ours. The guy got 56 points with only a 14 minutes a night. He is a righty. He is more of a play maker, like Necas, but putting him on a line with Svech or Nino could pay dividends.

Add an Eakin or Haula to play 2/3 C and this team could be dangerous. Both of those centers are more scorers than playmakers.

Nino-Aho-Labanc
Turbo-Haula/Eakin-Williams
Svech-Staal-Necas
McGinn-Marty-Foegele

(Assuming Wallmark & Fleury are a base to get Labanc from SJ)

That should be a minimal salary add when talking about adding two top 6 players.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It always dribbles down my chin, though.
h63FB4FC2

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Piggy backing the SJ talk above, this is just a poll of you guys/gals.

Not sure what Meier is going to command as an RFA this summer, but his would you all feel about a Necas and the 1st traded for him? Or something around that base for him? Just spit balling, don’t shoot me.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Piggy backing the SJ talk above, this is just a poll of you guys/gals.

Not sure what Meier is going to command as an RFA this summer, but his would you all feel about a Necas and the 1st traded for him? Or something around that base for him? Just spit balling, don’t shoot me.
Too much. I really like him, but not enough to move Necas.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I wasn't sure so I did News/Notes and Aroudn the League but it might make most sense here....

I'm guessing they want Pesce or Hamilton.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Not sure if this belongs in news/notes or roster thread.

Ehlers is one of the best players in the league in generating clean zone entries. Unfortunately I don't see Faulk getting the deal done - Winnipeg may not even be on Faulk's 15 team trade list. Which means they likely want one of Hamilton or Pesce. I wouldn't make either of those deals.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Jets have $25M in cap right now, but they have to sign Laine and Connor which will probably eat up $15M of that(?) and that wills still be only 9 forwards and 5 D under contract with $10M in space. Many assume they'll re-sign Myers, but maybe not if they can trade for a RHD.

I can't see any way Faulk is the main piece of a deal for Ehlers. I don't think Canes want to move Pesce given the budget constraints of the team and his contract (not to mention his age/play).

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Ehlers is one of the best players in the league in generating clean zone entries. Unfortunately I don't see Faulk getting the deal done - Winnipeg may not even be on Faulk's 15 team trade list. Which means they likely want one of Hamilton or Pesce. I wouldn't make either of those deals.

Agreed, that's a Hamilton or Pesce move.

23 year old wing signed through 2025 with a cap hit of $6M/year? No chance you get him for less than Hamilton or Pesce. I don't like the idea of dealing Pesce for Ehlers.

Hamilton is intriguing if the Canes don't think it's likely they can sign him after 2020. But that puts Winnipeg back in a similar position to Trouba with a top D who is less than 2 years from UFA.

I think this is likely the Canes having interest when called about Ehlers, the Jets wanting Pesce, and quickly going nowhere.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I could be way off, but I have a hard time seeing Pesce being moved.
- Faulk and TVR are UFAs in a year and Hamilton the following year.
- TVR and CDH are injured and may not be ready
- Faulk and Hamilton cost $6M in real money vs. $4.025 for Pesce.

If they move Pesce, they will either be forced to overpay Faulk/Hamilton or will have a very weak RHD situation in a year or two.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I could be way off, but I have a hard time seeing Pesce being moved.
- Faulk and TVR are UFAs in a year and Hamilton the following year.
- TVR and CDH are injured and may not be ready
- Faulk and Hamilton cost $6M in real money vs. $4.025 for Pesce.

If they move Pesce, they will either be forced to overpay Faulk/Hamilton or will have a very weak RHD situation in a year or two.

Agreed. However, I also can't see Winnipeg going for Hamilton after they just went through a signing saga with Trouba.

Which leaves us either with a deal for Faulk after 7/1 where Faulk waives and is willing to negotiate before the trade, or a futures package. I don't see Winnipeg going for picks and prospects for Ehlers.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Agreed. However, I also can't see Winnipeg going for Hamilton after they just went through a signing saga with Trouba.

Which leaves us either with a deal for Faulk after 7/1 where Faulk waives and is willing to negotiate before the trade, or a futures package. I don't see Winnipeg going for picks and prospects for Ehlers.

I think picks/prospects may be "part" of the deal. They need cap space for Laine, Connor, Myers and to fill out the rest of the roster. I agree it won't be ONLY picks/prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad