All purpose trade/roster building thread part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
@MinJaBen Svech is perfect on the left side. If he wasn’t really good over there we wouldn’t be shaping an entire pp around him being on the left side. Our pp bucks the trend of having the shooter in the off wing because Svech can find space high in the circle and beat goalies clean.

That translates to five on five. The only thing we gain from him going down the right is his ability to sometimes beat a guy wide then drive back to the net to finish....which is actually a low percentage play since he’s on his backhand. He goes to the right side anyways plenty as is. Righties feed lefties well going right to left. Having a center or a righty rw works great for him.

TT is our only effective off wing player and is the only close to natural fit we have for that.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'd love to do Hornqvist for Nino. He could fill a similar role to Williams if Williams doesn't come back. Gritty RH vet with Cup experience. Hell even if Williams comes back I like that move.

My top 3 winger targets are Hornqvist, Saad, Duclair. I think either of them could look great with the Finns or 2nd line and move Svech up.

Assuming Nino goes in the deal for one of those guys I would say we move out Dzingle for a middling pick. Move out Gardiner with whatever is needed to get him off the books (with in reason or maybe we get a 7th back) and then look at our goaltending situation.

If we have to do another year of Mrazek + Reimer, so be it but it would be great to snag Markstrom or Lehner. Have a feeling Vancouver is going to commit to Demko and let Markstrom go via UFA. We should be able to trade one or both of Reimer or Mrazek to a team who needs a goalie platoon and we could roll with this next year.

Saad/Duclair/Hornqvist - Aho - TT
Svech - Tro - Necas
Foegele - Staal - McGinn
Martinook - Geekie - 4th liner

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei- Pesce
Fleury - TVR (or vet UFA)
Bean

Markstrom/Lehner
Ned

If Willy comes back, then great. He can go back and forth with Brock. If not then I think we still have more than enough bottom 6 options.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Being reported that we are floating both Mrazek and Reimer for possible trades, with intention of trading one if we can get a taker.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I would like Saad, but you only get him for a year before a probably tricky contract situation. My wife would hate it cause I always tell her the goalie got Saadomized when he scores, even when I tell her I won't. He might be a good fit as a rental at next deadline if Chicago is out of it.

Duclair would be nice, but we haven't tended to like to acquire guys that immediately require nice raises.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Being reported that we are floating both Mrazek and Reimer for possible trades, with intention of trading one if we can get a taker.
Is it a good source? Not that I don't believe it, cause it makes sense, just curious. In the era of 1A-B situations, either should be easy enough to move.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Is it a good source? Not that I don't believe it, cause it makes sense, just curious. In the era of 1A-B situations, either should be easy enough to move.
GARRIOCH: It could be an interesting off-season on the NHL's goalie market | Ottawa Sun

The decision to by the Habs to deal for Allen may set off some other moves.
Not only are either Matt Murray or Tristan Jarry of the Pittsburgh Penguins available, the decision by the Arizona Coyotes to part ways with general manager John Chayka means the club may move Antti Raanta or Darcy Kuemper.
Of course, the New York Rangers wouldn’t mind dealing veteran Henrik Lundqvist’s contract while the Carolina Hurricanes have been dangling either Petr Mrazek or James Reimer.

Published article in the Ottawa Sun....

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ah, so no then. (I'm not a fan, but I know some think he's pretty good) At the very least, there's nothing in that blurb that isn't beyond obvious and speculated all over already.

Reactions: AD Skinner

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Imagine though:

Tt - Aho - Laine
Svech - Tro - Necas
Foegele - Staal - Hornquist
If I'm imagining though, I'm launching Staal's useless overpaid carcass into the sun.

tumblr_inline_ovx1sac3q21tbjuuw_540.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Posted this in the WPG-CAR trade thread on the main board.

To WPG
Skjei + Necas + 2020 13OA + prospect of Jets choice

To CAR
Laine

It’s a lot to give up and not sure either side does it to be honest but I think if you’re going for a quantity type offer this has got to be something Winnipeg considers as it it’s essentially 4 x 1st round picks in various forms and a lot of controllable years.

- Necas fills Laine’s spot in the top 6. He’s a downgrade but has a lot of skill and talent and could be a 60+ point player in a year or two. Also expansion draft exempt

- Skjei helps a depleted blue line and slots in as the 2nd pair LHD behind Morrisey. Signed to a reasonable deal ($5.25) for the next 4 years. Carolina also needs to send some amount of salary back to make this work

- 2020 13OA is pretty self explanatory. Pretty high pick in a strong draft to go along with Winnipeg’s 10OA

- Pick any prospect.
Bean/Suzuki/Rees/Bokk/Honka/Kochetov
C,W,D,G we’ve got a pretty good prospect for every position

- Carolina gets Laine and adds him to Aho, TT, Svech for one of the leagues best top 4 forwards. Moving Skjei in the deal opens up some cap space to re-sign Laine to a contract that both sides can live with.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If Virtanen is so good then why does Vancouver trade him? They’re a team on the upswing and he’s a controllable asset.
Why, because he will get paid 2RW money but only be the 3RW. They need cap space or more accurately said, put their cap space in a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad