Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

I almost fell for it because he's so calm and rational. I don't think he's being truthful and l'equipe said he didnt tell them he tested positive.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

I almost fell for it because he's so calm and rational. I don't think he's being truthful and l'equipe said he didnt tell them he tested positive.

What am I missing with this "statement"? He says something about "addressing misinformation regarding his activities and attendance at events in December in the lead up to his positive PCR test".
But 1) I don't see him actually adressing any of it. The way I am reading it he is merely insinuating that whatever is said about him is not true, but there is nothin of substance here, and 2) weren't the discussions more about his activities after his positive PCR test (not in the lead up to it)?

Did I mix up something, because this statement really appears entirely meaningless to me?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
What am I missing with this "statement"? He says something about "addressing misinformation regarding his activities and attendance at events in December in the lead up to his positive PCR test".
But 1) I don't see him actually adressing any of it. The way I am reading it he is merely insinuating that whatever is said about him is not true, but there is nothin of substance here, and 2) weren't the discussions more about his activities after his positive PCR test (not in the lead up to it)?

Did I mix up something, because this statement really appears entirely meaningless to me?

He had never addressed when he found out he was positive, and he went to several events after without a mask. We still don't know when he really knew because it's just his word. He should have isolated till he got his PCR test result because he was around people who tested positive on the 14th, but he went to the thing with 23 kids, then he did the interview with l'equipe. He didn't mention that he was yelling and shouting during the shoot but the magazine did and Rothenberg translated it from French. He didn't tell them he was waiting for the test result.

He has left a lot out and even with this statement, who believes him? It's obvious he didn't learn a thing from that event he put together in 2020 where everyone around him got Covid. He doesn't seem to care about spreading it. This statement did more harm than good.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The bit I do believe is that he didn't know when he met with the children. Nole is a self-centred screw up but he's no sociopath.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
When I said I didn't think that the Djokovic situation was over, I didn't think it'd stretch on for this long :laugh:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
When I said I didn't think that the Djokovic situation was over, I didn't think it'd stretch on for this long :laugh:
I don't think you have long to wait. His self-admissions are damning. I'd be amazed now if the Australian government isn't about to pounce.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
It’s pretty clear that he treats this global pandemic as a complete joke and total disregard for others and was being intentionally deceptive over his application. It’s 100% clear a medical exception is complete BS, he needs to be deported.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I don't think you have long to wait. His self-admissions are damning. I'd be amazed now if the Australian government isn't about to pounce.
If him and his camp were smart, they should’ve let this one go and accepted their little scheme was over for some damage control. Instead, they doubled down on something they knew was wrong and now it’s just the worst of looks with possibly the same outcome anyway.

Reactions: kihei

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
when they finally gonna decide if he can stay or not for good jesus lol. australia going off the rails lol.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
when they finally gonna decide if he can stay or not for good jesus lol. australia going off the rails lol.

The reporting I've seen was that it would be "tomorrow", it's 5am there so I wouldn't expect to hear anything for at least a few hours.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Could the government argue that his presence in Australia may not be a direct threat because he is unvaccinated, but because his continued prescene now carries the potential threat to cause social unrest. I can see his latest comments generating even more animosity among Australians and if that spills over to the Open crowd the end result could be anything but peaceful. I know that sounds alarmist but I'm not sure it is much of a stretch at the moment.

Last edited:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
the way this is going if hes allowed to stay i can seriously see him getting attacked on court by a fan in atleast one of his matches there gonna need top security when hes playing

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
According to Australian newspaper The West, 81% of West Australians want Djokovic gone.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

He's getting it from everywhere. None of this would have come to light if he'd just gotten vaxxed.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

If this is real, I think it's the best result. I'm actually surprised they let him practice while this was going on but I guess they had to give him something. I really hope others do more investigating once he's out of Australia.

Reactions: Michelangelo

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
File under " never rains unless it pours":

Spain is now investigating whether Nole violated any laws when entering Spain while having tested positive for Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad