All-Purpose rant about the Expansion Draft, the VGK and Tallon

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We had a thread for those two (/defence in general), this March/Smith moaning is happening in every thread that's even remotely related to them. Have you not noticed how every GDT after a loss turns into the same moaning about the expansion draft? Hell, even when we win it still sometimes turns into that.

Guds/Kuli was worse during the 2016 offseason compared to March/Smith during the 2017 offseason, but during the season it's not even a competition. We're halfway through the season and I can guarantee there's already been more *****ing about about this year than last year through the whole season.
Nah, just that you're on the pro Guds/Kulikov side and also on the side of March and Smith being the only and best option

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Nah, just that you're on the pro Guds/Kulikov side and also on the side of March and Smith being the only and best option
According to your logic then, I should've continued to moan about Guds/Kuli throughout the season, because I didn't like those moves. Just as I should've continued to "praise" (the only and best option is getting old) losing March/Smith, because I can look further than the point totals those two are putting up right now.

Yet I stopped initiating discussion about both matters around halfway through July. It gets old saying the same arguments over and over again.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I hate that we lost both Marchesseault and Smith with a mere fourth round pick to show for it. Would have tried to do things differently at the expansion draft and in the offseason.
That said Soupy is right, the topic has already been beaten to death. No point in rehashing it over and over again in game threads when both sides have made their argument clear.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
One more note, can you please edit the thread title to "All purpose discussion about" etc. etc.?
Let's respect each other's opinion even when we disagree.
I'll meet you in the middle and settle for rant.

Although I think everyone (regardless of how you feel about these three things) can agree, that ***** & moan is the most fitting description to the level of complaining that's happened over the season so far.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I'll meet you in the middle and settle for rant.

Although I think everyone (regardless of how you feel about these three things) can agree, that ***** & moan is the most fitting description to the level of complaining that's happened over the season so far.
Rant is a good word. Thank you.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I hate that we lost both Marchesseault and Smith with a mere fourth round pick to show for it. Would have tried to do things differently at the expansion draft and in the offseason.
That said Soupy is right, the topic has already been beaten to death. No point in rehashing it over and over again in game threads when both sides have made their argument clear.
Can’t wait to see who we draft with that fourth round pick. What are the odds he’s better than Marchessault and Smith combined? That being said I hope we make the playoffs and go further than Vegas. Make Tallon look like a genius yet again.

Reactions: RainingRats

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
According to your logic then, I should've continued to moan about Guds/Kuli throughout the season, because I didn't like those moves. Just as I should've continued to "praise" (the only and best option is getting old) losing March/Smith, because I can look further than the point totals those two are putting up right now.

Yet I stopped initiating discussion about both matters around halfway through July. It gets old saying the same arguments over and over again.
Nah, it's just a double standard. We had to endure an entire season of crying about Gallant, Guds, and Kulikov from tons of posters. Some still cry about that and the "changes" made after the stanley cup winning team from a couple years ago. I don't see you creating a patronizing thread for them.

I posted in the News Around the NHL thread and it's normal for a discussion to branch off from an original topic. You also added a condescending title to this thread, as if people who disagree with Tallon's idiotic move can't voice their displeasure.

If we all agreed about everything, this place would be boring.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Nah, it's just a double standard. We had to endure an entire season of crying about Gallant, Guds, and Kulikov from tons of posters. Some still cry about that and the "changes" made after the stanley cup winning team from a couple years ago. I don't see you creating a patronizing thread for them.

I posted in the News Around the NHL thread and it's normal for a discussion to branch off from an original topic. You also added a condescending title to this thread, as if people who disagree with Tallon's idiotic move can't voice their displeasure.

If we all agreed about everything, this place would be boring.
Actually, people were complaining throughout the Gallant tenure, about him and Tallon (and haven't stopped). If we're going to go to a starting point for a lot of this, that's as good a place to start as any.
Plus, there's a slight difference between the situation that happened in the 2016 offseason and the situation that happened in the 2017 offseason. There's a whooooole lot more tied to the impact of the 2016 offseason moves than the 2017 offseason moves.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You can go back pages and you'll find the seperate threads we had for Guds/Kuli and Gallant/Rowe. You're an active enough poster that you should remember those threads though.

Hmm, so I created a thread (which I gave you an opportunity to do by yourself) for the very purpose that posters like you can discuss and somehow you're not allowed to discuss it?

HELLO, this very thread is meant to keep discussion in one place and stop it from polluting the rest of the board. I added the title because the topic has become cancer on this board.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Actually, people were complaining throughout the Gallant tenure, about him and Tallon (and haven't stopped). If we're going to go to a starting point for a lot of this, that's as good a place to start as any.
Plus, there's a slight difference between the situation that happened in the 2016 offseason and the situation that happened in the 2017 offseason. There's a whooooole lot more tied to the impact of the 2016 offseason moves than the 2017 offseason moves.
Not everyone agrees with this.

And people have been voicing complaints about this franchise for a long time. Well before 2016.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You can go back pages and you'll find the seperate threads we had for Guds/Kuli and Gallant/Rowe. You're an active enough poster that you should remember those threads though.

Hmm, so I created a thread (which I gave you an opportunity to do by yourself) for the very purpose that posters like you can discuss and somehow you're not allowed to discuss it?

HELLO, this very thread is meant to keep discussion in one place and stop it from polluting the rest of the board. I added the title because the topic has become cancer on this board.
You created a thread with a condescending and patronizing title, which you changed because you realized it was wrong.

LOL @ it being a cancer. Sorry you don't like but it's important topic to many.

We should be able discuss whatever we want if it's a natural extension. That's the point of being on a discussion board.

However, in the News Around The NHL thread, I posted and others did about scoring from players around the NHL and it was related to Tallon. Totally fair. Nothing cancerous about that. But someone who disagreed what was posted by me and others and I responded. That's how the boards should work.

There's a double standard.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You created a thread with a condescending and patronizing title, which you changed because you realized it was wrong.
No, I changed it because it was requested.

I could just as well throw the double standard here and say that you don't agree with it because your view is <X>. My view on it is not reflected how I feel about it on a personal level.

LOL @ it being a cancer. Sorry you don't like but it's important topic to many.
Important enough that it pollutes at least 75% of the active threads we have? No, there is not one topic that is that important. I've seen many cancer topics during my time here and this is easily among the top3.

We should be able discuss whatever we want if it's a natural extension. That's the point of being on a discussion board.

However, in the News Around The NHL thread, I posted and others did about scoring from players around the NHL and it was related to Tallon. Totally fair. Nothing cancerous about that. But someone who disagreed what was posted by me and others and I responded. That's how the boards should work.

There's a double standard.
The "News around the NHL" -thread has been more about bashing Tallon/the organization this season, than discussing actual news.

This is not a result of one discussion nor the actions of one poster, it's a build up of all that's been said to this point of the season. And like I said already, we should've done a seperate rant thread like this months ago already to contain the discussion. It's not about which side of the fence you're on, it's about what's best for the board.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Not a rant, but Vegas is currently beating Toronto 3-0 after the first. If they lost in regulation and if we won the next two, we're within five points of them as well.
I don't really see us edging them. Still, go Vegas!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Can’t wait to see who we draft with that fourth round pick. What are the odds he’s better than Marchessault and Smith combined? That being said I hope we make the playoffs and go further than Vegas. Make Tallon look like a genius yet again.

Not saying that pick will definitely amount to something, but I like our chances with the current scouting/prospect staff.

Either way, still doesn’t make the move ok.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Anyone catch that W. Karlsson hat-trick empty netter. Vegas has to be the luckiest team ever and they got some damn determation. Reminds me of one team Gallant once coached. Barkov can't hit a wide open net and then see that goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad