Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jushin Thunder Liger is going to retire in January at the Tokyo Dome.

The slacker is only 54, so he won't get a shiny belt like Mil Mascaras got the other day.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its so weird for me to see a masked man retiring, (cuz they lose it or because they never retire and because every member of the family will also wear the mask...)

what a great career Jushin had.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So I see that Jay Lethal and Matt Taven did a 60-minute time limit draw for the World Title. Did Gedo book this show?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
One of the big favorites in the NJC went out this morning...starting to narrow down who are the best bets to go to MSG. There are two maybe three strong possibilities. Last of the round-of-16 on Sunday.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
So I see that Jay Lethal and Matt Taven did a 60-minute time limit draw for the World Title. Did Gedo book this show?

That was really good. I have no idea there was a time limit or that they went for 60 minutes , until I heard it..

Pco.. so happy for him but he’s f***ing insane.

And bandido vs rush delivered.

Fun show to watch.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AAA Rey de Reyes tonight on Twitch.
Young Bucks are in Mexico. will probably do their invasion angle...
Cody is in the Rey de Reyes "rumble"
Lucha Bros go for the AAA tag team belts
A random 3 vs 3 Steel cage with Jeff Jarrett/Killer Kross teaming up.
and Daga/Taya are back with AAA and Perros del mal.

lots of talent. (but its AAA...)

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm a mark for ZSJ so I'm pleasantly surprised he tapped out Ibushi again. Thought they'd give Kota the win after ZSJ beat him last year.

He's been booked strong and they do well in making him a matchup nightmare for the high-fliers. I have to believe Ibushi's big year will include winning the G1 and winning the title in the dome.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
(Yo it’s my man HUGO SAVINOVICH in Spanish commentary!)
ATANGANA!

(It’s just started for those who’re curious about aaa... available in English too on twitch)
(They literally have 2 Mexicans doing English commentary... it begins lol)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
It starts with two luchadores throwing hats at the crowd and I figure out it’s just a publicity for a phone company with commentary and shit... they’re not wrestlers.

And then 3 super hot girls come out wearing flags with the face of their dead owners......
Only to show the widow owner of aaa , standing there with the two f***ing urns............,

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I guess he never mentioned he was gonna wrestle......... so here’s Cody still nursing his surgery walking with a cane.

He announces Jericho and Omega and anyone in AEW will be seen in AAA (oh shit)
AND HUGO SAVINOVICH! ATANGANA!! (luchaonline) is now the official correspondent for AEW in Spanish. (@M.C.G. 31 theyre totally reading HFWF)

Konan and Taurus attacks Cody and los mercenarios/Perros del mal save him( YARK )

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I guess he never mentioned he was gonna wrestle......... so here’s Cody still nursing his surgery walking with a cane.

He announces Jericho and Omega and anyone in AEW will be seen in AAA (oh ****)
AND HUGO SAVINOVICH! ATANGANA!! (luchaonline) is now the official correspondent for AEW in Spanish. (@M.C.G. 31 theyre totally reading HFWF)

Konan and Taurus attacks Cody and los mercenarios/Perros del mal save him( YARK )
One day I’m going to get a private message from someone who just joined asking me to join their company and I’ll say this is a f***ing joke and ignore them lmao

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Umm... so lucha bros just won the belts and the young bucks just challenged them and we have a match.... wow

Edit: And new AAA champs again young bucks.... wow

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Catching up from the weekend, it sounds like the NJPW show in Dallas isn't doing well in ticket sales.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Catching up from the weekend, it sounds like the NJPW show in Dallas isn't doing well in ticket sales.
So you are saying holding a show in a mediocre wrestling market that doesn't have a large Japanese population was a bad idea? Not doing it in someplace like Philly, Chicago or Toronto was a terrible idea.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So you are saying holding a show in a mediocre wrestling market that doesn't have a large Japanese population was a bad idea? Not doing it in someplace like Philly, Chicago or Toronto was a terrible idea.
Cuban is involved with AXS so that’s the connection as to why the show even is in Dallas.

Reactions: sabremike

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Caught back up with the NJC...quite the contrast between Cabana-Yano and Sanada-Suzuki. Made for an enjoyable pair of matches. Sanada-Suzuki might be my favorite match of the tournament so far.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I enjoyed Yano-Cabana and Sanada-Suzuki.

Ospreay-Archer was pretty good too. Naito-Ibushi left me wanting more which we'll get in the IC title match in MSG that I expect to happen.

Okada-Ospreay should be great in the next round.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Josh Barnett vs Minoru Suzuki at Bloodsports on Mania weekend
theres Frank Mir vs Dan Severn too huhuh

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I think it's going to be Ospreay

[Disclaimer] Didn't watch this mornings show yet show I don't know the results yet so my reply is based on that.... [/]

I was thinking that too, but he's scheduled to face Jeff Cobb in a title vs title match at MSG right now. Other than him you have:

Okada - White has owned him storyline wise. Too soon to go there again.
Tana - just took the belt off him, there wasn't a rematch, but still similar to Okada.
ZSJ - Won last year, can't see him winning 2 years in a row but, maybe.
SANADA - possibly, he'd probably be my favorite right now if I was betting.
Cabana - No.
Ishii - maybe, wouldn't surprise me. It would be a good match.
Yoshi-Hashi - lol no.

Hopefully they don't go back the Okada/Tana well. As good as the match would be, and I know they probably want their stars headlining, I just don't think it will make much storyline sense. Rather see SANADA/ZSJ/Ishii. With that being said it will probably be Okada or Tana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad