Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
just announced:
The Cruise of Jericho: Second Wave will take place on January 20th - January 24th and will include AEW Stars

Reactions: Fro

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Kenny's deal does allow him to work some New Japan things if he wants...so I'm sure we've not seen the last of Golden Lovers.

That Osaka show was fun...finished watching it last night and avoided spoilers.

I'll make no apologies for not being a history buff of New Japan but I like the story they're telling with Iizuka and Tenzan leading up to his final match. Good to see Ishii, Goto and Ospreay are back for the New Japan Road show...Ospreay is tagging with Tanahashi.

Interesting stuff at Honor Rising...Dalton Castle is challenging Ospreay for the NEVER Open title and the Guerillas are facing Evil and Sanada for the tag titles.

The March 6 show is going to be fun...Liger is facing Ishimori for the Junior title.

Only thing known for MSG is the heavyweight title will be on the line. Wonder if they'll just have the New Japan Cup winner challenge for the belt at that show. Without knowing the field, Ibushi or Okada would seem like good bets to win that tournament. ZSJ won it last year.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Only thing known for MSG is the heavyweight title will be on the line. Wonder if they'll just have the New Japan Cup winner challenge for the belt at that show.

thats exactly what i read... White vs the winner at MSG.
not sure if its official or a spoiler. so ill put it as one

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
CMLL now goes to Televisa.
wrestling competition is always fun. this two have been going at it lately. big blows.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
CMLL now goes to Televisa.
wrestling competition is always fun. this two have been going at it lately. big blows.
I wonder how it went down, did AAA decide to leave or were they dropped in favour of getting CMLL?

Either way, I think going from AAA to CMLL is an upgrade for Televisa.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i THINK televisa dropped AAA. cuz the rumors were they were gonna go to a "newer" platform. it was gonna be online and easy access.
then TV AZTECA grabbed them out of nowhere. (i also think they still had a few shows to do with CMLL. i saw a picture where both commentator teams from both networks are doing the same show. not sure what hapenned there either lol.)
then out of nowhere and TELEVISA answered with taking CMLL back when i believe the plan was to not do wrestling anymore.

big dick contest.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
The crash just dropped AAA and have announced an alliance with CMLL, ROH, NJPW and OWE....

This is crazy lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mikey Nicholls, ex-of TM61/TMDK and the once Nick Miller, is in the New Japan Cup.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Mikey Nicholls, ex-of TM61/TMDK and the once Nick Miller, is in the New Japan Cup.
I had high hopes for the Mighty after watching some of their Noah matches when they signed with WWE. Between injuries and poor booking they didn't get a real chance to succeed. Hopefully, Thorne does alright on his own.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

Nice...I didn't recognize that name when I saw the first round matches for the tournament. I liked those guys.

Excited for another Ibushi-Naito match on March 10. I have to believe the winner of the tournament comes out of that pairing. They'll have a big name face Switchblade at MSG.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Blue Demon Jr. vs Dr Wagner Jr. mask vs hair will headline TripleMania XXVII this august. (they also presented their sons who will start fighting soon too)
we're at "the sons of the sons era" lol.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Pretty good anniversary show coming up on Wednesday...headlined by Jay White-Ospreay plus Liger vs. Ishimori for the Jr. title. The Jr. tag belt is on the line as well.

Plus, New Japan Cup starts this weekend.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There are some really good matches that'll happen this year.

In the bottom half there's a group of Ibushi vs Naito and Evil vs Sabre Jr., with the winner of that branch probably facing Tanahashi. So that's a really good set of matches.

There's Okada vs Elgin, which is a great match; with the chance of Okada vs Ospreay again. Ishii vs Nagata. And a match I'm really looking forward to, Yano vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad