Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who has the gif of Ibushi and Opsreay looking at each other after Ospreay lands on his feet off the hurricarana?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the looming news of All Elite Wrestling and WK13 is a week away...what a massive 7 or 8 days.

I wonder if there will be any carryover angles with New Year Dash. Last year's show featured the start of the rift between Cody and Kenny and the emergence of Jay White as a character. The huge angle of New Year Dash following WK10 with Styles losing to Nakamura and he was on his way out. Kenny, Gallows and Anderson and the Bucks beat down A.J. and fired him from Bullet Club. I wonder if there's any kayfabe sendoffs like that or if the Elite still will be a part of New Japan. I think that's why watching both Wrestle Kingdom and New Year Dash are a must next week.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Now that we know what we know about AEW...I wonder what kind of storylines come from that. Are we seeing the last matches out of some major North American stars from the brand? I don't see it as a guarantee that all the Elite guys drop their belts or their matches but could they stay involved with NJPW until their brand gets of the ground?

I'd love to be able to catch this close to live tonight/early morning...don't want to deal with avoiding the internet for 24 hours until I could watch it on Friday or sometime this weekend.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah its gonna be hard to avoid spoilers since i dont have streaming services. but hopefuly something appears durimg the day not too late.
this is gonna be stupidly fun.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reminder at AXS is showing their version on Friday night. Not sure I'll be able to wake up this year, so I might have to try and wait, although I'm sure I won't avoid spoilers or watching gifs.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Reminder at AXS is showing their version on Friday night. Not sure I'll be able to wake up this year, so I might have to try and wait, although I'm sure I won't avoid spoilers or watching gifs.

Seems the AXS version is only 2 hours long so you're only gonna get the 2 main events. We may see a WK Part 2 next week with the undercard though.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah i posted this in last page:

AXS TV’s upcoming NJPW schedule is tentatively as follows:
  • Jan. 4 – Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)
  • Jan. 11 – Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)
  • Jan. 18 – Wrestle Kingdom 13

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
had to go out this morning but made it back for Jericho/Naito and Omega/Tanahashi

both very good, but looking at reddit the undercard was apparently disappointing and rushed. thats a shame

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i could watch 4 matches before fite tv did their thing... first time i see them act so fast.
i doubt i can avoid spoilers now before finding it again. oh well. i didnt hate what i saw so far. Ospreay and Ibushi was outstanding.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Just finished the entire show on NJPW World...the opener and the final three matches were tremendous. The best matches on paper heading into the show were the best matches on the card...no show-stealers from the middle of the card. Outstanding main event...much better than last year.

Tomorrow morning should be fun as well...it usually is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did Kenny come out to Final Fantasy music or something? My knowledge of video games gets sketchy other than Super Mario games.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Yeah, I'll admit my blindspot to video games as well...didn't get the reference but his entrance get-up was pretty damn cool. Part of that video game opener was from a vignette that BTE posted a couple days ago.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
His music was a track from Undertale. This is the cover that was used:

I loved the Undertale entrance from Kenny. Nerded the hell out.

I am fairly certain his costume is a cosplay of the main character from the sequel Deltarune.

942.gif

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
some new player or something. (i was told huhu) i get the reference because the nerds yelled as it hapenned, beautiful match. great show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The creator of Undertale, Toby Fox, helped do his entrance video. Kenny wanted it to be the play in for the match, but creative shot it down and he used as the entrance video instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad