Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Was the surprise tag partner any good? I want wrestling as a whole to get better and better but it seems remarks across the interwebz (where it is usually angry anyway) are not good with this PPV. After about 10 steps forward, was this 1 step back? Or are people, as usual, over reacting?

I think Tommy Dreamer was the surprise partner which at this point is such a cliche it's ridiculous.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if he got screwjobbed and they changed the finish on him

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wonder if he got screwjobbed and they changed the finish on him

You mean before the match? Because he clearly lays down for the pin and when he gets up it's like a "see.. i laid down for him, but **** you" as he walks off.

And if he's angry... how he got up casually and walked out is mega unprofessional. It makes Morrison look dumb. If you hate how everything went, just get to the backstage area and do it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Austin Aries isn't at the tapings, he went home. Alvarez says it was supposed to be a work but there's legit heat there.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I love his work on the mic and in the ring but he is burning all his bridges. He'll never get shots in many of the top flight indys now because he insists he has to be booked like Reigns or Cena is in WWE and you can forget about New Japan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I believe this was a Shimmer weekend, and also there was a Rise show where Tessa Blanchard and Mercedes Martinez went 75 minutes. Hopefully @quoipourquoi was there to give us a report.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I believe this was a Shimmer weekend, and also there was a Rise show where Tessa Blanchard and Mercedes Martinez went 75 minutes. Hopefully @quoipourquoi was there to give us a report.

Tragically, we missed it. We’ve been burnt out from driving in and out of Chicago for some concerts the week before (we saw Liz Phair three times this Summer) and took a break. I think this was the first Shimmer weekend I’ve missed since 2011, and of course it’s one with both a legendary match and RJ City/David Arquette on the Friday show.

As soon as I read the Rise results on Twitter, I immediately regretted it. And now Cheerleader Melissa and Mercedes Martinez are the tag champions too - which thank God, because they had been wasting Melissa for like 30 volumes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tragically, we missed it. We’ve been burnt out from driving in and out of Chicago for some concerts the week before (we saw Liz Phair three times this Summer) and took a break. I think this was the first Shimmer weekend I’ve missed since 2011, and of course it’s one with both a legendary match and RJ City/David Arquette on the Friday show.

As soon as I read the Rise results on Twitter, I immediately regretted it. And now Cheerleader Melissa and Mercedes Martinez are the tag champions too - which thank God, because they had been wasting Melissa for like 30 volumes.

I was ready to mail in the Raw after the Rumble. I got there and they were doing Sasha/Asuka and Cena/Bálor.

But then again, unlike everywhere else, nothing on Raw actually matters :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
That’s a crazy long match.
I was reading it’s the 3rd time Martinez breaks that record (she has the 3 longest women matches)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody Rhodes dropped the NWA title back to Nick Aldis.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That's a bit of a surprise. I'm getting to the point of thinking anything can happen with those guys...WWE or not. If they're not signing, they've done a good job of throwing some of us off the scent.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So I was considering going to Pac's first match back over here. But he's going to f***ing Yeovil of all places. That's as bad as NJPW when they went to Milton Keynes.

Why not somewhere civilised?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Is the Elite really Bullet Club anymore? I see Bullet Club as the Tongans, Bone Soldier (and Robbie Eagles?) and Jay with Gedo and their current feud with Okada and Chaos. But you have Ishii split off with his feud with Suzuki. The rest of Elite has been tagging against Tanahashi during Jr. Tag League. Golden Lovers are tagging against Tana and Finlay at Power Struggle.

To me, Cody, The Bucks and Page can leave and I won't blink. Page has some things he could still do in Japan if he stays but he seems attached to Cody. Kenny leaving would be the only big loss to the company given he's a legit main event guy. Cody probably won't have the US title for much longer if they're out the door. I like Marty in the junior division but it's kind of a mess right now with Hiromu out and Opsreay is flirting with moving up to heavyweight.

I think you can have a faction with Kenny/Kota/Marty/Chase/Yujiro going forward. Considering you have Tanahashi also in the main event and he's really never associated with a stable or group.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is the Elite really Bullet Club anymore?

no. Cody confirmed hes not in BC. he said its Jay's now. Bucks also confirmed they arent doing BC design shirts any more.

the Elite+Co is its own faction now

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
If the 5 all leave I wonder what it means for Marty, Yujiro and Owens. I could see Yujiro and Owens just sliding back into BC OGs.

If Kenny stays then I like the idea of Kenny leading a faction of those 3 and Ibushi that someone suggested brought up above.

They say they’re making the decision together but I could see Omega staying and the other 4 leaving.

The OGs are getting a new member soon. White was cutting promos saying he has an man inside chaos (YOSHI-HASHI? Goto? Maybe Trent Berretta?) Beretta could be interesting especially since it seems he’s about to challenge with Cody for US belt,

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Jeff Jarrett after AAA's Heroes Inmortales XII
lost hair vs hair match with Dr Wagner Jr.
Dqpaz-iVsAA04LW.jpg

also last night:
Street Profits from nxt won the Evolve Tag team championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad