All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, Bayley, Ember, Zelina, R-Truth, Kairi

She's going to kill someone eventually.

When you combine that with how awful she is on the mic, how bad she is in general in the ring outside of her sloppiness. She can barely move, in a day and age where agility = excitment. She's never worked hard to improve. She whined a bunch and name drops her relation to the Rock.

And now she's probably going to go over Asuka and get another long title run.

She's garnering the wrong kind of heat. Its not booo we hate your character and hope your character gets its come uppance.

Its more along the lines of

Booo, you suck at everything, we're sick of you getting crammed in our faces, please go away and don't come back.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brian Cage was signed by AEW in January before needing elbow surgery, which AEW knew about and still paid him.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Upon it happening, as the match was taped last week, Dave Meltzer heard from 2 people who presumably wouldn't go to bat for her say that it wasn't really her fault (I didn't see it myself, I tuned out of her promo and forgot to come back until later).

However, there were others who have written that she is starting to get more heat and some who think she should be fired, which is the first I've heard of that. I'm behind listening to podcasts, so I'll try to decipher what else is being said.

Also, Drake Maverick may have been re-hired, unconfirmed.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Upon it happening, as the match was taped last week, Dave Meltzer heard from 2 people who presumably wouldn't go to bat for her say that it wasn't really her fault (I didn't see it myself, I tuned out of her promo and forgot to come back until later).

However, there were others who have written that she is starting to get more heat and some who think she should be fired, which is the first I've heard of that. I'm behind listening to podcasts, so I'll try to decipher what else is being said.

Also, Drake Maverick may have been re-hired, unconfirmed.

When you look at that video, that was pretty close to all Nia. I was reading Jericho's books the other day and he talks about spots like this where you pretty much just guide your opponent into things like the barriers or ring steps, and let them do all the work.

Nia grabbed Sane and basically reefed Sane instead of guiding her and you can literally see Sane stumble and go in because she wasn't expecting that force from Sloppy McBoatface.

Just watching other wrestling sites, it sounds like there's some nuclear heat on Jax right now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When you look at that video, that was pretty close to all Nia. I was reading Jericho's books the other day and he talks about spots like this where you pretty much just guide your opponent into things like the barriers or ring steps, and let them do all the work.

Nia grabbed Sane and basically reefed Sane instead of guiding her and you can literally see Sane stumble and go in because she wasn't expecting that force from Sloppy McBoatface.

Just watching other wrestling sites, it sounds like there's some nuclear heat on Jax right now.
This is what I gather as well. She should have guided her with a hand on her back. Instead she whips her by her hair... Whether Kairi lost her footing or not, Nia has to be aware of that.

I've noticed that quite a bit, especially with her Samoan drop (which is also sloppy as hell) some people should safely lock the arm underneath but she doesn't, and she isn't good enough not to. She's just so f***ing careless out there.

Like i said, can't wait until she does it to the wrong person. It's one thing to do it to someone who you outweigh by like 200 pounds, but a Rousey? A Baszler? Hell, Asuka would dummy her.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I actually have yet to see it because Nia was cutting a promo and I changed the channel.

Bryan Alvarez read this message that he got from someone within WWE:

“1000% Nia's fault. She needs to be f***ing fired. She is dangerous, fire her before she cripples or kills somebody.”

Keep in mind that Nia Jax is somehow positioning herself as the moral authority for safety among the women.

Shayna and Asuka are both trained excellently given the extensive time they had before coming to WWE.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This is what I gather as well. She should have guided her with a hand on her back. Instead she whips her by her hair... Whether Kairi lost her footing or not, Nia has to be aware of that.

I've noticed that quite a bit, especially with her Samoan drop (which is also sloppy as hell) some people should safely lock the arm underneath but she doesn't, and she isn't good enough not to. She's just so f***ing careless out there.

Like i said, can't wait until she does it to the wrong person. It's one thing to do it to someone who you outweigh by like 200 pounds, but a Rousey? A Baszler? Hell, Asuka would dummy her.

I'd love to see what Baszler would do to her.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New Japan is coming back. Running a mystery show June 15, New Japan Cup starts June 16, finals July 11, Dominion July 12. The finals and Dominion are intended to have 1/3 fans in attendance. Both of those shows at Osaka-jo Hall

njcbracket.png

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's hard to believe that Jax hasn't faced more discipline for the injuries she's given out. People have been fired for less. If they're going to keep her, and it certainly seems that way, she should be facing increasing levels of discipline for indiscretions and also probably be in training.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's hard to believe that Jax hasn't faced more discipline for the injuries she's given out. People have been fired for less. If they're going to keep her, and it certainly seems that way, she should be facing increasing levels of discipline for indiscretions and also probably be in training.
They won't do anything. She'll just go crying to The Rock and/or go crying on social media and try to turn the situation against WWE.

The best thing that can happen is to let one of the legit tougher girls to at her for real and get shots in on her that hopefully puts her back on the shelf long term.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The irony of it all is supposedly she was the one who spoke up when Ronda Rousey injured Alexa Bliss. Alexa was in and out of the ring for 7-8 months after that.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't really think that Nia intentionally goes out to hurt people. I think that she was poorly trained, told to basically go out with a basic set and play the monster. That's fine, but because she's so badly trained, she makes the mistake of rushing things and she has lousy technique. WWE absolutely has to take a lions share of the blame, but a lot of this is also on Nia

I don't think she takes the wrestling side of the business as seriously as she should. When you watch her, her cardio is awful, she blows up in a hurry, and that's leading to her sloppy technique. As well for a monster, her strength is terrible, just watch her on any lift or power move, she outright struggles with lifting a 100 pound opponent. Also on the charisma and selling of the business side of things her delivery on the mic is awful and isn't improving at all.

At this point would sending her back to the performance center help her? Not really unless they practice tough love and really push her and tell her that her job is at risk if she doesn't start working on her improvements. The wrestlers really have to take a big part in this too. Sane needs to go to the higher ups and outright refuse to work with her. If a group of woman go to management and say, she's too dangerous we're not comfortable with what she does, maybe things would turn around.

When I was watching Raw last night, and I watched her come out to the ring and jump on the apron, she was already blown up, her punch at Asuka from the apron was so pathetic and crappy that I laughed.

As for Alexa, I'm a big fan of hers, I think she works really hard, and she has a great story, a great presence and you can see that she's continually adding on to her set, I have no doubt that she loves what she does. However she's a big fan of Trish, and there's nothing wrong with that except like Trish, she doesn't protect herself all that well. I cringe when she takes moves and falls wide open, and I hope that she breaks that habit. Also she's so tiny that she gets overwhelmed and really rag dolled by the bigger stronger girls. Oh and as much as I've enjoyed the Cross and Bliss team, and its been fun, its time for her to go back to being what she's best at and that's a heel. Though I think there's a swerve coming there as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alexa has been much better as a face than I think she gets credit for, a lot in part because her heel shtick had gotten so stale. She had a compelling story all to her own that WWE doesn't seem interested in trying to push to a demo they've been trying to attract.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
They won't do anything. She'll just go crying to The Rock and/or go crying on social media and try to turn the situation against WWE.

The best thing that can happen is to let one of the legit tougher girls to at her for real and get shots in on her that hopefully puts her back on the shelf long term.

I've wondered for a while just how much The Rock cares about what happens with her. Maybe I'm wrong but I find it hard to believe that he cares enough to intervene on behalf of his grandfather's cousin's daughter and get her teflon status. She would likely go the social media route as you say but you'd hope that WWE would ignore anyone who dips into the echo chamber for support. I'm not quite wishing long term injury on her but something should be done with her. With her size discrepancy over pretty much anyone she wrestles the impact of her recklessness is always going to be an issue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they cared that she is related to the Rock, you'd probably hear about it ton TV. I don't recall them ever mentioning it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it got missed because Shad died around the same time but yet another former CZW wrestler has died....Danny Havoc this time. His wife had passed a couple months prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad