All-Purpose News Thread Part II

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dave tried to claim Ivar was not injured and it was a work, which Fightful and Ivar himself shot down.

Apparently he is seriously injured and is going to miss a bunch of time.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'm sorry but these pictures of the camera section are so f***ing stupid. It's a mix of clickbait and lazy people trying to cause trouble. Yes AEW attendance isn't great and is trending downward however there could be 6000 or more people in some of the buildings they are currently booking and that section would look the same. The photo is meaningless.
Facts don't lie.

"The May 15th episode of AEW Dynamite emanated from the Winds Arena in Everett, Washington. The venue has maximum capacity of 10,000 but was scaled for 4,076, out of which they managed to sell 3,459 according to WrestleTix."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cassie Lee/Peyton Royce is now open for a Royal Rumble appearance, should they contact her next year.
I don’t think they do that anymore. You’re either in or you’re out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She said they asked the Iiconics one year to appear in the Rumble but they weren't ready to return yet. "It was too soon."
I’m sure they ask around, but in the time Paul Levesque has had Vince out of the way, which is the past two rumbles, men and women, only one spot has gone to someone who was unsigned to do a one-off.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’m sure they ask around, but in the time Paul Levesque has had Vince out of the way, which is the past two rumbles, men and women, only one spot has gone to someone who was unsigned to do a one-off.
I believe this request was made while still in the Vince era but it seems Jessie McKay may have retired from wrestling (?) so Peyton Royce would be the one asked to appear.

Should start at the right mark:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here's the official AEW announcement:

AEW Partners With City of Arlington For AEW Path To All In Summer Series At Esports Stadium Arlington Beginning July 20

-- Tickets On Sale Thursday, June 6 Via ETix.com and AEWTix.com --

May 16, 2024 – All Elite Wrestling and the City of Arlington today announced a historic partnership that will feature AEW hosting a summer series of events on the Path To All In from the world class Esports Stadium in Arlington beginning Saturday, July 20.

Esports Stadium Arlington is set to be a hub of cutting-edge wrestling action, hosting a multitude of AEW and Ring of Honor events throughout July and August. The lineup includes TNT’s AEW: Collision, Battle of the Belts and the highly anticipated ROH: Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view event on Friday, July 26.

The Path To All In dates at Esports Stadium Arlington are as follows. Additional Ring of Honor dates will be announced in the near future:

- Saturday, July 20 – AEW: Collision

- Friday, July 26 – ROH: Death Before Dishonor

- Saturday, July 27 – AEW: Collision

- Thursday, August 1 – AEW: Collision (Taped to air Saturday, August 3)

- Saturday, August 10 – AEW: Collision

- Saturday, August 17 – AEW: Collision

Tickets for the Path To All In summer series will go on sale Thursday, June 6 at 10 A.M. CT via ETix.com and AEWTix.com. Fans interested in exclusive pre-sale opportunities can register to become an AEW Insider by visiting allelitewrestling.com/aew-insider.

Esports Stadium Arlington is the largest dedicated esports stadium in North America, making Arlington a global destination for competitive sporting and gaming events.

“We are thrilled to partner with the City of Arlington for AEW’s first-ever events at Esports Stadium. This AEW summer series will add to the rich legacy of major professional wrestling events held in the great state of Texas and serve as the ultimate springboard for AEW: All In London on August 25 at Wembley Stadium,” said AEW CEO, General Manager and Head of Creative Tony Khan. “This partnership would not have been possible without the tireless support of Matt Wilson, Justin Grimsley, the Arlington Sports Commission and City of Arlington teams and of course, our incredibly passionate fanbase throughout Texas.”

“We are honored to team with Tony Khan and All Elite Wrestling for this incredible opportunity,” said Arlington Sports Commission Executive Director Matt Wilson. “The ability to host TNT’s wildly popular AEW: Collision program is another milestone achievement to bring worldwide events to Arlington and shine a global weekly spotlight on our beautiful city.”
Follow up here

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Dave tried to claim Ivar was not injured and it was a work, which Fightful and Ivar himself shot down.

Apparently he is seriously injured and is going to miss a bunch of time.

There's no way they're not intentionally f***ing with Dave at this point lol.

This "Love Has No Labels campaign WWE has going on, definitely wouldn't have happened under Vince.

I mean, Balor was wearing Pride shirts "For everyone" years ago... Kinda started when Stephanie made that comment about "Philanthropy is the future of marketing." Boy was she ever right.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There's no way they're not intentionally f***ing with Dave at this point lol.

I mean, Balor was wearing Pride shirts "For everyone" years ago... Kinda started when Stephanie made that comment about "Philanthropy is the future of marketing." Boy was she ever right.
I meant that Vince wouldn't would't be the one pushing this, it would be others in the company. Other than her appearance on the Pride parade in Total Divas, I don't recall them bringing up Sonya De Ville's "queerness" much. Maybe it was just an impression that they didn't want to highlight it as much as she was maybe doing it on social media. Not sure if they even mentioned on air that she got married recently.

And I too think they might just be f***ing with Meltzer. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I meant that Vince wouldn't would't be the one pushing this, it would be others in the company. Other than her appearance on the Pride parade in Total Divas, I don't recall them bringing up Sonya De Ville's "queerness" much. Maybe it was just an impression that they didn't want to highlight it as much as she was maybe doing it on social media. Not sure if they even mentioned on air that she got married recently.

And I too think they might just be f***ing with Meltzer. :laugh:
They are definitely f***ing with Dave now.

Sonya and Mandy wanted to do it, and I think they had been asked before in media and said it, and they went to Vince with it. What happened is what you heard often with Vince, which is that he wrote it for someone else, which was Liv and Lana (and then immediately got dropped), to which Sonya and Mandy were not so subtle that they didn’t like that.

What probably happened was that none of their cast of thousands of writers thought they’d be able to pull it off without it appearing exploitative (and the angle they did do seemed to look exactly like that), and I guess the input of the performer who is actually an out lesbian and living with her real-life best friend tag team partner that everyone on earth knew about wasn’t important. Vince probably also sat in that room and decided that no one would ever buy that Mandy’s character could ever be in love with another woman.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Konnan and Tony got in a beef

It's almost as if Konnan and AAA decided to double-cross AEW by having a guy they knew was headed to WWE beat an AEW headline act and then announce he was headed to WWE right afterwards and Tony acted accordingly or something.

Konnan is so full of shit that if you gave him an enema he'd fit in a shoebox.

• Haha
Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Giulia broke her wrist in her match at yesterday’s Marigold show. She’s off Thursday’s Hana Kimura memorial show, which was another thing she really wanted to do before leaving. I guess we’ll see if she makes the July 13 Marigold show. I know there’s people who believe she will be at NXT Heatwave.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Turns out Giulia was doing like the safest thing imaginable. Either that or Sareee’s face is a weapon

edit:

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW is moving All Out off Labor Day weekend and will take place Saturday, September 7. Collision must be moving that week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave is saying that Marigold is again trying to get Io and Kairi for a show at Sumo Hall on July 23. WWE is already going to be in Japan on July 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad