OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ideally you'd like to do what Oklahoma did years ago with Landry Jones & Blake Bell. Bell would come in down in the red zone at times & obvious running situations. Buechele would be Jones & Swoopes would be Bell.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ideally you'd like to do what Oklahoma did years ago with Landry Jones & Blake Bell. Bell would come in down in the red zone at times & obvious running situations. Buechele would be Jones & Swoopes would be Bell.

Don't remind me. I played college fantasy football that year and Bell absolutely killed Jones' value. He scored all the TDs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I just can't believe Brian Kelly wouldn't just fully commit to Kizer being the starter. He's clearly the best they have at the position & quite possibly their best player in general.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They still have Michigan State, Duke, Stanford, Miami, Virginia Tech, & USC left on the schedule. I think Stanford's pretty much a lock for a loss for them at this point. They're defense looked horrible last night. At two losses it's going to be tough to get in & anymore than that you're done. I think they end up 9-3 or 8-4 this year when all is said & done which isn't going to cut it for the playoffs.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They still have Michigan State, Duke, Stanford, Miami, Virginia Tech, & USC left on the schedule. I think Stanford's pretty much a lock for a loss for them at this point. They're defense looked horrible last night. At two losses it's going to be tough to get in & anymore than that you're done. I think they end up 9-3 or 8-4 this year when all is said & done which isn't going to cut it for the playoffs.

Yeah but you know they'll be in the conversation all year and their losses will be downplayed. I can already hear it tomorrow "well it was on the road and it was OT so you can't fault them too much." ND ranked 14th, Texas ranked 18th.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah but you know they'll be in the conversation all year and their losses will be downplayed. I can already hear it tomorrow "well it was on the road and it was OT so you can't fault them too much." ND ranked 14th, Texas ranked 18th.

Meh I think you're overreacting here. They get Michigan State for their third game & get Stanford in the middle of their schedule. They drop those two games they're playoff hopes are shot. It doesn't matter how good or bad the losses are perceived at that point.

They were 10-2 last year with close losses to Clemson & Stanford. They didn't get in but granted the Stanford loss was the last game of the year. They get USC to close out the year this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Preseason rankings are dumb though, there should be no rankings until the first week of October. I have no clue if Texas is good or not based on the fact they beat a preseason ranked Notre Dame team.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Meh I think you're overreacting here. They get Michigan State for their third game & get Stanford in the middle of their schedule. They drop those two games they're playoff hopes are shot. It doesn't matter how good or bad the losses are perceived at that point.

They were 10-2 last year with close losses to Clemson & Stanford. They didn't get in but granted the Stanford loss was the last game of the year. They get USC to close out the year this year.

I'm probably overreacting but I just hate ND so much and a lot of my friends are inexplicably fans and I have to hear about how THIS is the year every year. And for some reason the Big Ten preview magazine I got the last two years has an in depth look at Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad