All Purpose Goaltending Thread

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
It's not a guarantee but teams will only be able to protect one goalie. So it would be a big risk to leave either unprotected.

I understand that part but there's gonna be 29 other teams that also have to leave players unprotected.

Yea there's a chance one of ours would get taken over another teams but it's no guarantee

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I understand that part but there's gonna be 29 other teams that also have to leave players unprotected.

Yea there's a chance one of ours would get taken over another teams but it's no guarantee

There's a higher chance that one of Varly/Pickard will be taken then there is a chance of them being passed over.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
How many other teams will leave a starter like Varly unprotected? I really can't see anyone better being exposed. If that's the direction a team goes, I'm sure, like us, they would be thinking of trading said starter to maximize their assets. Or a prospect like Pickard (high potential, ready to graduate from prospect to NHL player)? There are going to be a lot of teams who just don't have as good of goalies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How many other teams will leave a starter like Varly unprotected? I really can't see anyone better being exposed. If that's the direction a team goes, I'm sure, like us, they would be thinking of trading said starter to maximize their assets. Or a prospect like Pickard (high potential, ready to graduate from prospect to NHL player)? There are going to be a lot of teams who just don't have as good of goalies.

Plus, some of the other teams who are going to have a similar problem, like Pitt with Murray/Fleury, may make a similar move at some point to get value out of their players before the draft if we don't, increasing the likelihood of losing one if we stand pat. All the more reason to get out ahead of the goalie market this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad