OT: All Purpose FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I live in the USA, so I am going for them....

But....There's no way we get past Ghana, Portugal, or Germany.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Which bandwagons are you guys on? I'm kind of ambiguous, I'm rooting for Japan, but maybe also Colombia, Mexico or Uruguay...

I guess Flames CBA Guy's team is a given :laugh:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Thats the kind of attitude im looking for. Maybe Bosnia-Herzgovina is the team for me!

We play an entertaining brand of football, and our goalkeeper used to be on Canada's U-21 team. We have a top striker in Edin Dzeko, and our midfield has some great young players in Ibisevic (though he's one of the older guys on the squad) and Pjanic. We play with the expectation of scoring goals, but are very adaptable in our tactics because Safet Susic is a great manager and knows the game beautifully.

Which bandwagons are you guys on? I'm kind of ambiguous, I'm rooting for Japan, but maybe also Colombia, Mexico or Uruguay...

I guess Flames CBA Guy's team is a given :laugh:

Hey, it's the home team! I am sure if Sweden was in this year, you'd be cheering for them. :nod:

No one cares about you English Knnnnnnnig-its. 100 Internets if you get the reference

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
England for me, too. Not sure why. I lived in England for three year, but I'm Irish. I should hate the English. I guess I cheer for the English players more than anything, because I follow Manchester United and the premiership. Go Rooney!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No one cares about you English Knnnnnnnig-its. 100 Internets if you get the reference
Quiet, you. Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries.
England for me, too. Not sure why. I lived in England for three year, but I'm Irish. I should hate the English. I guess I cheer for the English players more than anything, because I follow Manchester United and the premiership. Go Rooney!
I was born there, I feel like it is my heritage.

Aug 3, 2010
I've got Italy and Brazil. Italy because I follow Juventus FC and Brazil just because love their style and because they're host nation, wanna see them go wild like only Brazilians can.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We play an entertaining brand of football, and our goalkeeper used to be on Canada's U-21 team. We have a top striker in Edin Dzeko, and our midfield has some great young players in Ibisevic (though he's one of the older guys on the squad) and Pjanic. We play with the expectation of scoring goals, but are very adaptable in our tactics because Safet Susic is a great manager and knows the game beautifully.

I read the article you linked to, im convinced. I'll hop on the Bosnia-Herzegovina bandwagon!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oh yeah, I'm also cheering for everyone in the group with USA. Except USA. And I always cheer for Holland anyway because their jerseys remind me of orange soda.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
GO NEDERLANDS GO!!​

Going for the Dutch all the way! My family is from Holland, I'm a huge fan. Hopefully they check their egos and play as a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad